Thursday, March 13, 2008

Squatters

I grew up in Idaho. Never lived outside of Idaho. But, I have now lived in California for a year and a half. I never thought I'd be a California girl. Since I'm 100% Idahoan, I'm not up on the "big city" lingo. When I heard the word squatter, I thought of people who lifted weights. You know, squats? Much to my dismay, that is not what a squatter is. A squatter lives in places that he's not supposed to. Usually breaking in. I have previously posted that we had coyote neighbors. That scared me enough. Now we learned that the same house with the coyotes has been broken into by squatters. Oh man, where do I live? I want to go back to little safe, naive Idaho! I hadn't ever heard of squatters there! And so close to my house? I'm so ready to just move! I don't want this by my house! By my kids, especially. California is not the place for paranoid parents, I'm learning!

1 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Hey! I've STILL never left Idaho, and I know what squatters are. Although ... we don't have any living next door (that I know of).