Sunday night, Adam was upstairs finishing his Seminary lesson, Noah and Macie were asleep, and Cory and I were playing Dancing with the Stars in the Wii. Nothing too exciting, right? Well, around 9:30 I heard a helicopter. I didn't think too much of it. But it just kept getting louder and louder. I went to the back window, and a blue light flooded the house and the yard as I opened the curtains. It was the light of the search helicopter. I yelled up to Adam to tell him, but just as I said it, he yelled down to lock all of the doors, and come upstairs. I instantly panicked. I ran upstairs, and Adam had been looked out the window to see a swarm of Police cars and police officers and the search helicopter flying really low. We had no idea what was going on. My family was here from Idaho. This sort of thing doesn't happen in Idaho! But we were all scared. Adam was the tough one, he didn't seem scared! He went downstairs and turned on all of the lights, and then came back with a knife. I guess he was scared after all. I was shaking, didn't know what was going on. I didn't know if some guy was going to run into our house and take us hostage or what. We are pretty much the only people on our block, so we probably were a good target! So, we said a prayer that we would be safe and called the Police Department. They just told us to lock our doors and stay inside. We opened the windows to see if we could hear anything, but we couldn't. We had police men going through our backyard with flashlights, and the search plane was right above us. It was pretty scary. There were police everywhere, so I guess we were a little safer. But we still didn't know what in the world was going on. So, we waited. It seemed like forever! We were so scared, we just went upstairs in our room, and waited. So, the search went on for over 2 hours. they sent out the police dogs and everything. Adam and I read the scriptures nightly, so we all read together. As we were reading, the search copters stopped. The police were still outside. But we all just went to bed. I guess we were too scared, we did go to sleep! But...we found out a few days later what had happened. I guess 3 teenagers broke into a house in a different neighborhood, and stole a gun. A witness told cops that they were in the house. When cops came, they didn't know if they would get shot or what, so they sent in the tear gas to get them out. And when they all ran out, one teen fled and hid. He ran without getting spotted. But was seen in our neighborhood. So they started the search. They didn't know if he had a gun or not, so they wanted to protect everyone by starting the search like they did. But after the 2 hour search they caught him as he ran out of a house. A house that is 2 doors down from ours. Yeah...just two doors. The coyotes lived in the house next door, and now a armed burglar was 2 doors down. He was only 14, which makes me mad to think that I was so scared of a 14 year old...but he had a gun! That is pretty scary! He could have gone postal on us or something! I don't know what could have happened. Pretty crazy though. It makes me just stop and wonder, where in the heck do I live?
1 week ago









4 comments:
How crazy!! I'm glad you guys are OK!
Um... you should move back to Idaho. I'm telling you, it's safer here. We did have a cow get into our yard once, though, but she didn't hurt anybody.
Wow, your neighborhood has some serious action!
Lindsay! O my gosh I can't beleive it's you. I was just thinking about you the other day and I thought "maybe she has a blog". I am kinda new to the blogging thing so I don't really know everyone out there yet. I am so glad you found me and left me a comment. I hope you are all doing well. I added you to my list so I can check out your blog. Natalie
Post a Comment