![]()
I don't even know where to begin! I thought I had read enough about potty training and got as many tips that I needed. But, Noah just doesn't care! I have heard that boys are harder to potty train, but seriously, being wet doesn't even phase the boy! He can just be sitting playing with his toys, pee, and then not care. He'll just sit there until I find that he is wet. I've tried Pull-Ups, what a joke! He just thinks he has a diaper on. So, no luck there. I've tried letting him go commando, nope, no luck. I've tried just letting him wear underwear so he knows how it feels when he's wet, nope. No luck. And I've even tried setting the timer and having him sit on the potty for 20 minutes every half hour, and giving him LOTS to drink in the meantime. But, you guessed it, no such luck! He could probably sit in a wet diaper for days and not even care. (No, I don't do that, I promise!) He doesn't care if there is a chart that has pictures of toys that he could get if he goes potty on the big boy potty. He's just content with what he has! Macie is more interested in the potty than Noah. And she's 22 months younger! She's gone on the potty 3 times, on her own. But then she sees Noah not going on the potty, and then thinks that it's okay! I swear, I'm going to have kindergartners still in diapers! Any ideas?
1 week ago









4 comments:
You could try using cheerio's as targets to hit in the toilet bowl. Adam could show him how fun it is!
Potty Power. Chloe LOVES this movie and it got her going on the potty by herself! (she isn't potty trained because I haven't wanted to deal with it. I'm a bad mom I know.) But the movie has songs and shows bigger kids using the potty and stuff.
Wow. That's quite a list of attempts. The only thing I don't see on there that we've used is candy. We used sticker charts and prizes, but Bekah needed extra (and more immediate) incentive for mastering No. 2, so she gets a piece of candy every time she goes successfully.
Bekah has a cousin who is content in diapers too. What's up with these boys?!?
I put Maddy on the toilet and gave her a bowl of warm water with pennies in it, and Maddy would pick the pennies out and put them in another bowl until she went potty. The warm water helped her go. Once she started doing this a lot she got use to going and then it was easier, but she was 3 1/2 before she was totally potty trained. Kynzee was 2 and she just followed after Maddy and was much easier so there is still hope. Goodluck!
Post a Comment