What were you doing on Christmas Eve at about 11PM until around 2? Let me show you what I was doing...
All Macie kept asking Santa for, was a Dora backpack. I could not find one anywhere. Dora is now a teenager or something. It's weird. So I sort of just hoped she'd forget about it. She didn't. She kept saying how Santa was bringing her a Dora backpack. And this girl knows what she wants and nothing will detract her from that. She remembers EVERYTHING. Seriuosly. After searching EVERY single store in our city, I decided totally last minute that I would have to make one. I found the perfect felt, and I printed a picture, and started sewing. I think it turned out pretty darn good, really. I didn't have a pattern, I just kept looking at the picture. I don't claim to be a seamstress by any means, I just do trial and error until things look right. I even added the pocket on the side. I was pretty impressed with myself! We didn't have any black felt, and so backpack got temporary blue eyes, that will change later. And the addition of the map will be added.
And yes, Macie loved it. She carries it with her many many places. And it always is "loaded up with things and nic nacs, too." Is she spoiled, or what??
2 weeks ago









2 comments:
You are incredible.
Really.
That is fantastic, Lindsay. Nice work.
Thanks for always sharing your products.
You are the funnest Mom! I love your inventive way to solve the crisis! BTW, sorry I didn't have glitter for the window sill that the tooth fairy flew in, for Noah's second tooth. You are one magic-making Mommy!!
Post a Comment