Wednesday, January 6, 2010

birthday party numero dos


Who doesn't want to celebrate their birthday more than once in a year? Jacob is no exception. We have a new little trend going on with full week celebrations, really. But, Adam was working and so was Erin, and our friends weren't able to make it on Saturday, and so Sunday it was. We had a few friends over, who have been Jacob's best friends throughout his first year! We had a Monster Party! It was fun. I had really high hopes of making all of these monsters for the party, I had been planning this for months, however...I did not make them. Target was my lifesaver, actually. They had monster puppets in the dollar section, totally cute. Totally cheap. Totally easy. I'm learning how to simplify things. He's one...he doesn't need this elaborate party with everything all decked out, right? I did make him a banner, which I really like, if I do say so myself...I think it'll eventually show up on his bedroom wall. We had monster party hats, and a monster cake, which by the way, didn't intend to look like Sully from Monsters Inc. It just kind of happened that way. We ate "Mini Monster Pizzas" for dinner, or english muffin pizzas, and the best peanut butter chocolate chip cupcakes. Because we all know that the magical day when a baby turns one they can magically eat peanut butter, drink milk, eat honey, and turn around in their carseat. It happens just like that, ya know! But it was fun. I can't believe that OUR little monster is ONE!

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Yum, I must get your peanut butter chocolate cake recipe. Happy birthday to your little monster!!

Kristyn said...

Tell Rachel they are the best cupcakes this side of the Mississippi! And the party was so fun I'm super glad we could be there! A Lindsay party? Wouldn't miss it for the world.