Thursday, January 21, 2010

ballet.

Macie started ballet. The community college here has a "College For Kids" dance class. It's perfect. Fairly inexpensive, close to our house, Macie has a friend in there, and the teacher is in our ward. It's perfect.

Macie has been telling people about her "dance class" for quite sometime now. Long before we even thought about a dance class for her. So, it was just a matter of time before we signed her up and got her in.

We went and got her black leotard, pink ballets, and pink tights. She was very excited. I'm in the process of making her a dance bag and skirt, because she is "the only ballerina without them." Or so I am told.


The first class was alright. She needs to listen better, for sure. And she is still sitting on the fence of tomboy and girly girl. She can't decide which one, which is fine with us. When all the other little girls were prancing around the ballet floor, her face was all scrunched {think baseball pitcher...}, her hands were in fists and she was full on sprinting back and forth. She does, however, really enjoy the hour time that she gets to spend with ALL girls. Once her feet don't want to hide under her bum anymore, and she figures out how to get her feet to go into first position, she'll be fine.

I am so proud of my little ballerina.

5 comments:

erica said...

such a cute ballerina!

Heidi said...

oh, she is soooo C.U.T.E!!!!
makes me want to get emma into a dance class, which she'd love. tell that ballerina how adorable she is and that she should just have fun and spin in circles until she's dizzy and not worry about the other dancers! What a smile!!!!

carol said...

Where did our little chubby, squishy girl go? Macie looks like she's 10 here. I'm not happy. :( But she's darling in her tights/leotards, quite the limber little impish girl too! I love her personality, kind of low-key, with a low growly voice. I asked if she'd be giving talks in Primary now. "Probly". As I babbled more she suddenly says "Bye". Funny, cute little girl.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

What a cutie! Hope she loves it!

Brooke said...

Awesome! I love how I could picture all of this as I read. I feel like I know your family so well, but I don't think I've ever even met Macie! Isn't blogging fun?