Monday, July 6, 2009

Beach Day.

We live by the beach. We love it. It isn't an Orange County beach. It doesn't usually get past 75. It's usually windy, and there is a lot more seaweed on the sand. But, ya know what? It's the beach. And we love it. Our ward goes every Wednesday. I haven't actually gone with our ward yet, but I hear it's a good time. We'll have to be sure to go one of these times. But, luckily for us, we have friends in other wards who go weekly as well. There isn't anything better than a weekly beach trip. It's so nice to lay there in the sun {when there actually IS sun, and we're not wearing sweatshirts to keep warm!}, talk, and play in the sand. The car gets very sandy, but it's worth it. The kids love it. It's quite the chore, however, getting ready for the beach and things. It really is an all day event! You have to make the sandwiches, find the swimming suits, get the towels ready, gather up the sand toys, and then load the car. And you can't forget to pack the sunscreen, extra clothes, and the water bottles. There are a lot of things you need at the beach. And then once you want to come home, you have to pack it all up again, and then haul it back to the car! Goodness. It's quite the production.


Jacob never gets pictures at the beach, because I'm usually holding him. He hates the sun in his eyes when he's laying on the towel, I mean, really, who does? And so I took advantage of others holding him to get pictures of him. Just for proof that he really does go with us!

1 comments:

carol said...

Jacob looks sunnier than the beach. He has a great, happy smile! I wish I was holding him right now, smothering him with kisses and tickles.