Monday, February 2, 2009

Julie B. Beck


On Saturday I had the oppotunity of going down to Santa Barbara to listen to Julie B. Beck, the General Relief Society President. She was down for a Regional Conference, I think, and they invited the neighboring Stakes to participate. It was really great. She gave a lot of good insights on many many things. Her way of speaking was very personable. She was able to relate to all of us, even in different stages in life. It was good. One thing that she said that I keep thinking about was that having children isn't just to fulfill us...it's to bring a spirit into this world. If we, as LDS women don't do this, and fulfill our role, not many other people will. And, sadly, that's true. I look at the world today, and see how much it is changing, children aren't as important anymore. Why have children when you can have a dog? {this will be a post in itself...just wait!} But, I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother. Not only am I making myself happy, but I have the chance to bring another little Spirit into this world, giving them the opportunity to participate in the Plan of Salvation and come to Earth and receive a body in order to return to live with Him again. I am glad I had the opportunity to go listen to Sister Beck, even though it was an hour drive, it was well worth it. I took Jacob with me, and he was so good, just slept pretty much the entire time! I'm liking these sleeping days, but I'm thinking they will end soon! But, for now, I'll just enjoy my little baby.

0 comments: