Thursday, February 5, 2009

Growing BIG.

So...I went to the doctor today. Pretty uneventful. Just the routine 6 week postpartum check up. BUT, I did get to see how much little {I thought he was little, anyway} Jacob weighs. And, oh my goodness, I was shocked. Remember, he was 8 pounds 6 ounces at birth. He's only 7 weeks old. How much do you think he weighs??


I was going to do a little poll and wait a few days, but I can't do that. That would be mean, I know you are all dying to know how much he weighs, huh?? Alright, 15 1/2 pounds! Can you believe it?? Already at 7 weeks. He's not even 2 months old yet and already has nearly doubled his birth weight! Goodness. What a chunk I have!

3 comments:

erica said...

holy cow! i thought ivy was big! love chunky babies!! he is a healthy baby. you must produce buttermilk!

carol said...

He's our BIG boy and a looker too!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Wow! Is he going to outdo Macie? I remember comparing Lucy and Macie when they were little and now I hate to tell you this but Alice is 8 months today and probably weighs the same as baby Jacob. But I will say that's it's better to have a healthy little chunky monkey than to always worry about them getting enough!