Thursday, February 19, 2009

2 months.

We just got back from the doctor. Jacob had his 2 month check up. I know you are all dying to know his stats, right?? Well...you already know he's a growing boy. So, you won't be surprised to know that he now weighs 16 lbs. 14 ounces. Not only is he getting chubbier, he's also getting taller measuring in at 24 inches! The doctor told me that he didn't even bother looking at the charts to see his percentile, because he wouldn't even be on the charts anyway. He's making his own curve and his own chart! Macie was exactly the same way. And, the doctor was not concerned at all about "baby obesity." I guess, this is a big topic of conversation among psychologists these days. They think that if a baby is chubby when they are little they have a bigger chance of it later in life. They have even suggested putting chunky babies, a lot like Jacob on a diet to help maintain their weight. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That is terrible, in my opinion! Jacob is just a healthy baby boy who likes to eat, but only eats every 2-3 hours, that isn't abnormal! And, I am just blessed with cream for milk!

The doctor also thinks this is ridiculous, which is good. I've heard of doctors suggesting diets before. That is insane, they are little babies...they don't need to diet, that would cause more psychological problems than anything else, I think! I told the doc that Macie was the same way and 34 pounds at a year old, and so he was curious at how much she weighed now, and she only weighs 28 pounds! A year and a half later and she's 6 pounds lighter! Funny, huh? I like the chunky babies, though. They don't feel as fragile! I'm definately not going to break Jacob. He's a solid little boy!He's not squishy like Macie was, just
SOLID!

He also had to get 6 immunizations today. One by mouth and 3 shots. He was a trooper! He cried for second, and then gave the nurse who poked him all the smiles! Crazy, I know, but he's a good little guy! A little Tylenol before the visit and he's good! Thank goodness for Tylenol! I'm grateful Jacob is healthy and that he's such a happy boy! I LOVE THIS KID!

2 comments:

Lefty said...

And he smiles!! What a dreamy baby. Who does he look like? His smile or smirk, really, reminds me a little of Macie and a little of my dad. My dad because of the smirk. But don't you love family members on both sides claiming him?

If I'm going to claim anybody, I will claim you, Lindsay! I love you, girl.

And I would totally take you up on the moving to Rexburg and going to Porters and eating chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Maybe Adam can teach (we all know he's a wonderful teacher! though that would probably mean more school!) and Geoff can run Madison Memorial Hospital? And you and I can live in the hills and do crafts...

carol said...

We (I) need to hold this baby Jacob (Jake!) before he gets too much bigger. I'm only so strong, you know! xoxo

He looks so very sweet and happy with his lot. But then, watching Noah and Macie dress up and be cute all day long would make me happy, I know!