I remember many occasions growing, probably more than I should admit, that my dad told me not to pull on the cord to unplug something from the wall. Of course, I never listened. It was just so much more convenient to pull on the cord. I guess I was lazy. Well, I'm not much less lazy these days! I still pull on the cord. I've been doing it for 25 years, I've never had anything bad happen, I just figured it was fine, and everyone else was being technical. Well, I have to buy a new iron. For the past 4 years that we have had the iron, I have pretty much pulled on the cord to unplug it. I didn't see any harm in it. Adam said something about it a few times, but yet again, I thought I was smarter, who cares, right? I use an iron a lot. My clothes have to be completely wrinkle free before I wear them. Even jeans. So I pretty much use the iron daily. And that daily tugging on the cord just wore it out. I pulled on it for the last time. The plug stayed plugged into the wall, and the cord was in my hand. I unplugged the plug from the outlet and got a nice little shock, and then blew the fuse. Now I know not to pull on the cord. I started doing research online of the topic, and I found that it could have started a fire, I could have been shocked a lot worse, and many many things could have happened. Luckily, they didn't. So, I just wanted to tell my dad that he was right all of those years. I should have listened the first time. Adam has even told me not to do it, many people have probably tolf mr not to do it, but I'm just too stubborn! Don't worry, I learned my lesson!
1 week ago









2 comments:
Glad nothing too bad happened! And kudos to you for ironing. I don't think I've used my iron in 4-5 months.
ha ha ya I never iron, I just try to get clothes out of the dryer before they are all wrinkled but that never works. We pretty much wear wrinkled clothes. You are so lucky you didn't get hurt really bad. I always say that about my parents. I should have listened! Don't we all.
Post a Comment