2 weeks ago
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Let's go fly a kite!
I bought Noah this kite at Target in the dollar section a long time ago. But I had since forgotten about it! But it was perfect weather today. It's warming up. It was 77 at 11, so I thought we all needed to play outside! And then I rememebered the kite! In Palmdale it is always windy. I don't think it ever stops! Today was just breezy. Perfect for flying a kite. So, I put the kite together. It's a pretty good kite for only a dollar. It's made of like actual fabric. Not those cheap plastic kites. And it's shaped like all of the books and movies portray a kite. And to top it all off, it had a tail. Noah thought this was the best thing ever! He hadn't ever flown a kite before, so he was getting very excited! I handed him the string and instructed him to not let go, and sent him running. It was so funny. He loved it. He was giggling. It was great. He was very intent at keeping that kite in the air. He discovered that if you move the string, the kite moves too. This was pretty cool. He was in control of the kite, and he liked it. It only fell once during our 20 minute kite flying! Which was pretty impressive. A few kids rode by on their bikes and awwed at Noah's kite. He was so proud. It was actually fun. I enjoyed it, too. Macie got a turn, but she didn't get it as much as Noah. Her kite flying didn't last long. But it was fun. I'm sure that we'll fly more kites. Maybe it'll become a daily activity, who knows! But we have perfect weather for it...warm and breezy. I guess there is a good thing about Palmdale, California!
Posted by thechristensens at 12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Hey Lindsay!! Found your blog from someone else's, don't remember whose. Anyway, your kids are super cute!!! We also LOVE to fly kites. Cerise thinks its great. Glad to hear things are going well for you and your fam.
What a fun activity! I'll have to remember that one for a windy day. I love Noah's expressions in the pictures.
How fun! I need to buy my girls a kite they would probably love it.
Post a Comment