Thursday, April 24, 2008

Regression?



Back in December, Noah and I were at Walmart and I decided that it was time to get rid of the pacifier. I took it from him at the store and said that there were crying babies that needed it more than he did. And then he never got it back. He was so proud of himself for helping another baby stop crying that he didn't really care that he didn't have his pacifier. And it's been great! He's talking so much clearer, I mean he was 3 when we finally got it away from him! But he went through so much, it was hard for me to take away his comfort. But it was good. So, this picture is from October, hence the Captain Hook costume! But, I woke up this morning to Noah sitting in our bed sucking on a pacifier. Heaven only know where he got it! But he just started laughing. I pulled it out of his mouth and he continued to tell me that he needed it. "I need it so much!" Of course, I didn't give it back and it went directly into the garbage! But it was still funny. I didn't want to laugh or take a picture to draw attention to it. I didn't want him to start up again! That would be bad! But, do kids go through like a regression phase? It was just weird that after all of this time he thought he needed it again. He hasn't said anything about again, but it was just weird. I guess it's like an addiction...you have it for so long and then go without, but that little temptation is all you need to throw you over the edge. But yet, just another life lesson learned from Noah. Who would have thought I'd learn about addiction from my 3 year old!

2 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

I swear kids do stuff like that because they think they are so funny! I often wonder what goes through their little minds. Hopefully he wont feel the urge for a pacifier years from now....otherwise that could be awkward :)

Bracan said...

Looking at Noah and Macie's portrait, I couldn't help but think how much he looks like your dad, Lindsey. It might just be me.