Tuesday, November 16, 2010

teeth




Noah and Macie went to the dentist about two months ago. It had been a while since Noah had gone, and Macie hadn't ever gone. So, it was time. However, there weren't any Pediatric dentists within a 50 mile radius that were on our insurance plan. Of course. And, there weren't any densists on our plan that would take kids under 5, and I knew Macie needed to go. Noah had 4 cavities filled when he was 3. So, we got a recommedation of a dentist in Lompoc {thanks, Ginet!} and he was great! We loved him. And not only was he really nice along with the staff, but he's a bishop, too. It made him that much nicer!;-) It's very uncommon to find a copy of the "Friend" in a waiting room in California! I loved that he actually did the cleaning , too. Adam and I went to a dentist that has the hygenist clean your teeth. I swear she uses and ice pick to clean your teeth. I KNOW my teeth aren't that bad. But, there was blood streaming out of my mouth. That little bib thing that you wear, was covered in blood. Remember, I just went for a cleaning! And then after that my mouth hurt for days! Awful. Sorry, I digress. Back to the kids. {that's why you read the blog anyway, right? ;-)} They did awesome at the dentist. Opened wide, followed all the directions, and said thank you when they left. Macie left with no cavities. Noah, however, was not so lucky. FOUR CAVITIES! And, one tooth was pretty much gone because of decay. He needed one molar pulled out {totally beyond repair!} and a spacer put in. But, since it is a baby tooth, they were going to pull the mirrored tooth on the other side to put in a spacer so his teeth don't go weird. Goodness. Poor kid.

So, we made out appointment to come back. I left the younger two with a friend and headed to Lompoc. Where Noah, again, was awesome. He barely complained when he got the novacaine shot. And just sat and watched Kung Fu Panda the entire time. They pulled one tooth and filled one cavity in less than 30 minutes. The tooth was disgusting. I don't even want to take a picture of it. I'll spare you the details. But, we took it home. Noah insisted he needed it so the Tooth Fairy would come. I was instructed by the dentist to not let Noah bite his cheek or lip, but on the way home, he did. And it got huge. But, he was very excited that his "hurty tooth" was gone. Maybe now he'll eat better?

That night he put his tooth under his pillow with high hopes of waking up to find the Tooth Fairy surprise. We read scriptures, said our prayers, and the kids dozed off. Meanwhile, I was downstairs doing whatever. I got tired and went to bed. It wasn't until I heard, "SHE DIDN'T COME! THE TOOTH FAIRY FORGOT ABOUT ME I STILL HAVE THE TOOTH!" that I started to panic. Noah was heartbroken that the Tooth Fairy didn't come. That Tooth Fairy is terrible! He didn't even want to go to school he was so upset. CRAP! So, while he ate breakfast I got to work. And a few minutes later when Macie woke up she found something under HER pillow. It was a letter for Noah. Oh my goodness, that silly Tooth Fairy, right? The letter read:


Dear Noah,
Thank you for the tooth. But, I want to leave this one with you to
remind you to always brush your teeth to get rid of the sugar bugs.
Love,
The Tooth Fairy.

Good save, right?

3 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Excellent save.

Kristyn said...

Good job Linds!

And Jacob with his curls gone? Even cuter in person.

And guess what Thacks wore to bed the other night? His awesome new slippers. He's convinced all his friends need slippers now too, and brings Paul and my slippers to us every night. He loves them! Thanks!

Mel said...

Wow, that was a good save. Whew! And btw, coming from a dental person, Hygienists are actually way better at cleaning teeth than dentists... which is why it hurts more. :) They get much more stuff off. Hate to tell ya...