Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nana visits.

A few weeks ago, Adam and I found a killer deal for a plane ticket from Seattle to Long Beach. Killer, I tell ya. It was the featured destination on Jet Blue. We called Carol and told her {we didn't really ask} that she would be coming on October 27th and leaving on November 3rd. She gladly accepted and the tickets were ordered.

At the time we didn't know, but it really could have been inspiration for us to find those tickets when we did. Because it was pretty random. October 27th is Bryan and Carol's wedding anniversary. They have married 46 years. And an eternity more. It was another "first" since his passing. Which, is understandably harder. So, it was a blessing that she was able to come to California for a fun visit. We were able to share lots of memories with her, and make many more.


We had a lot of fun with Nana. It wasn't as action packed like the last trip. It was definitely more relaxed. But, still a lot of fun! I can't blog about the entirety of the visit. I'm still behind on the last one. But, I can tell you we had a very great time! We miss you already, Nana! I'll start making the itinerary for the next trip! ;-)




1 comments:

carol said...

I had the BEST time! That random playground experience topped all the beauty of our walk up Nojoqui (?) (pronounced "Na-hooey"?) Falls (or "Fell" as Adam refers to it, because of the lack of much water "falling") and the scenic drives in between. So fun to remember, those sponanteous and unplanned events! I'm starting my memory jars, have the lichen inside it, now need to get pictures of so SO many things! Thanks for the memories, blessings to me!