Sunday, November 7, 2010

first talk.


Macie gave her first talk in Primary today. She did awesome. She was so excited to get to talk in the microphone like a big girl. She didn't want anyone to help her. She insisted on going up there like a big girl and giving her talk on her own. BUT...because we know how her "lessons" she gives during the week are, we knew we may end up being there a while! So, we let her help write the talk. The theme for November is service. She REALLY wanted to talk about Joseph Smith and tell a story when she did service. So we came up with this:

One day I was really sad. My friend brought me over some cookies to help
make me feel better. I did, I felt happier. Service helps other feel happy. We
are also serving our Heavenly Father.

I can give service, too. When I was at storytime, there was a boy who was
sad. He started to cry. So, I held his hand and he felt better. And now we are
friends. As I did service for him to help him, we became better friends,
too.

Joseph Smith is a great example of service. With the help of Heavenly
Father, he translated the Book of Mormon. I read the Book of Mormon everyday
with my family, and am grateful for the service he did for me.

I hope that we can all serve others and help make others happy.


Although she was a little itchy and liked the feeling of her silky dress, she did AWESOME! Good job, Macie!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Our girls are so big! I was more nervous helping Rylee give her talk last week than she was! She wasn't nervous at all. But hopefully she doesn't have to give another talk for a while- I don't like writing them much! Good job, Macie!

carol said...

What a memory that our Macie has! And it's funny that I bought the gray-white polka dot fabric in Solvang that day--no wonder I liked it! If you want, I could save it for her first prom dress! I meant to call Macie Sunday and ask her to give me the talk, but left right after church for Heidi's for a couple days--and Tommy's 7th birthday. Go, Macie!