Sunday, November 14, 2010

the curls...

...are gone. We did it. Jacob got his first haircut. Believe me, I put it off for as long as I possibly could. But, if you saw him today with his Albert Einstein, ratty hair, you would have agreed that it was WAY past time! {Well, you probably thought I should have done it a LONG time ago!} But, his curls were so great. I loved looking at his curly locks. But, a little boys hair should not get snarls and knots in it. So, the curls are gone. He looks SO old. It's sad to see how old our baby boy is! But, it's inevitable, I suppose. However, there is still some wave in his hair. Maybe the curls will come back? Maybe this time a little more tame? I don't know, we'll have to see. I do have to admit, there were a few tears shed, and most of them from Noah, actually! He was very teary and held onto Adam's leg to try to stop him! He was so sad to see the curls go, poor kid! I am saving all the hair we cut off. So, if you want a curl, let me know! ;-)

He did so good throughout the whole thing, too. At first he was hesitant, but after the clippers started, he loved it! He sat on the counter and held very still. Hopefully this will continue. He does look very cute, but so old. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

2 comments:

Mel said...

He's adorable no matter what!

carol said...

I second Mel's comment! I knew it was going to happen but I can sympathize with Noah, wonder if Dad told the kids about Sampson (and Delilah) before getting out the clippers, that's why Noah cried?! Because I'm remembering the FHE lesson of the grafted olive branches after we'd pruned the olive tree! You're a great family!