A lot of "firsts" have happened this week. I don't have pictures, however. My camera is dumb. We need a new one. Case closed. BUT, instead of the boring life, we usually lead, we have added a little excitement to the daily routine. Thought it was time for a little spice, I guess! Are ya ready for the recap??
MONDAY:
Noah started preschool. Okay, it's not really "preschool", it's play school put on by the local high school students, but hey, it works for us. We call it preschool anyway! {I know. I know. I'm probably a bad mother for not having my 4 year old in preschool. But ya know what? I just can't justify paying someone else to teach my child what I took classes for in college. Yes, my minor was Child Studies, which required the PreSchool teacher curriculum. I have the preschool lesson plans, and the works...I just need to do it more often.} But, he goes to "school" Tuesday thru Friday, 8:30 until 11:30. It's a good chunk of time. He LOVES it. His good friend, Summer is there with him. He loves Summer, but that's another story for another post. The first day, I teared up dropping him off. My baby was going to school. Noah...my baby. I did have a little cry about it as soon as I got in the car, I'm old, it's sad. Macie really missed him the first few days, but now I think she enjoys the time "alone" with me and Jacob!
TUESDAY:
On a park day with our friends, I inflicted my fasted sunburn ever on myself! Seriously, I think it developed within minutes of exposure. Not too exciting of a first, but it was a first!!
WEDNESDAY:
We loaded up the car and went to Avila Beach with our friend, Kristyn and her son, Thacker. I haven't been brave enough to go just with the kids before, so it was a first for us! It was way too windy for enjoyment, but it was still fun! And, the seagulls stole our sandwiches, and I got completely FRIED, but we had a good laugh about it all!
FRIDAY:
Noah went on his first Father/Son Campout. Yes, I cried. I was sending my son away...overnight. Yes, he was with my husband, but if you know Adam well enough, you may know why I was a little nervous! {TOTALLY kidding, dear! It was just nervous about it all!} Noah is a livewire, you never know what he'll do. That scared me. I wasn't there to give him his medicine. That scared me. I couldn't call him to check up on him. That scared me. But, he had a blast, and returned safely. He LOVED camping with his Daddy. Macie had a first as well. It was the first time I left my daughter with a 10 year old babysitter. Yes, 10. I may be crazy. No, actually, she is a really good babysitter. She is a friend's daughter, she had a cell phone in case of emergencies, and we were very close and not gone very long! Thanks, Tori! However, I was worried about her the entire meal!
SATURDAY:
One of Adam's coworkers invited us to his Wine & Cheese party. We hadn't ever been to such an event. But, heck...I LOVE cheese. AND, my kids are whiners...so I thought we'd fit right in. {yeah, cheesy, right?} Anyway, it was fun. We got to taste lots and lots of cheese, that I'm told tastes better with the wine, but I'll just stick to liking the cheese without the wine! I didn't realize there were so many cheeses, there is even dessert cheese. Crazy.
We did a lot this week. A lot of firsts. We'll see what next week brings us!
2 weeks ago









1 comments:
You're not a bad mom for not having Noah in preschool. I'm sure he'll do just fine when he gets to kindergarten. We have no plans for Bekah and preschool, either.
Post a Comment