So, I have been wanting to re-cover my dining chairs for quite some time now. We bought the chairs off craigslist in Palmdale for $40 bucks for all 6 chairs. It was a killer deal, and I have intended to sand and stain and then put different fabric on with vinyl of the top so they can be easily cleaned. It's been about a year, and I haven't gotten very far yet! One chair is sanded. I'm a slacker. One thing that is holding me back is the fabric. I can't decided on what I want. I thought I was decided. I wanted this:
But, I couldn't find it anywhere. Not online or in stores, no where! And it's about 10 bucks a yard. It's an Amy Butler print. But I loved it. It matched my pictures in the dining room, and I thought it was look good contrasting with the dark espresso on the chairs. But, since I'm having a hard time finding it, and I kind of want to see it in person before I pay that much to recover the chairs...I'm cheap.
And then I saw this:
It is a laminated cotton. Not quite oil cloth, a little softer and not as stiff, so I thought that would be a pretty good alternative, and then I wouldn't have to hassel with the vinyl. But I don't know, which looks better? I also found this on clearance for half off:
Kind of different, kind of fun. What do you think? I need someone to just tell me what to do when it comes to things like this. I hate picking out fabric. I just cry in fabric stores because there is so much to choose from!
This is the dining room and the pictures on the wall. The pictures are a deep chocolate with ivory flowers and one limeish green on each one. The table will get replaced as well and stained with the dark espresso like the chairs, too. Just so you know.If it were YOUR dining room, what would you do?
1 week ago









12 comments:
I vote option #2.
i would go for option #2 as well. good luck!
I like #2 best.
I like 1 a lot, but if you can't find it then #2. Plus like you said you wouldn't have to worry about doing the vinyl over it.
I'd go with #2.
Love #2 although if you find pokadots, I'm a BIG fan. We need another Crafternoon!
Fabric #2's finish sounds perfect for spillage. I like the two-color bold, formal graphic. #3 is less formal, more playful; is more diverse for color options. Either fabric would be great. And you're not a slacker. Besides you're very strong. ;) (lifting Jacob all day)
okay, i'm way late on this...i actually read the post a few days ago but didn't have time to comment. i love the amy butler polka dots, i some of the fabric and i love it. however, i totally love #2 as well...and if it's cheaper and less of a hassle i think i would definitely use that one! good luck! can't wait to see the finished product.
ps. it was so fun to see you guys! dont worry about not making it over to the house...we totally know how it is juggling family and everything else. next time!
I say, use what you love. If it's not good for spillage, get some clear vinyl and cover the fabric, then it's wipeable.
P.S., I personally like #2.
Yo. First off, I think you have AWESOME taste. I love everything in your house! All the colors, the things on the walls, everything. The bday banner was absolutely darling and the cutest thing I've ever seen so don't think you don't know how to pick fabrics! :) We should go check out the fabrics in SLO too sometime, because I am dying to make your bday banner!
so i'm probably too late to comment...but i'm a fan of #2 also.
I have seen the polka dot in person though and it is very cute. but if you can save a step with 2...i'm all for that! It was so fun to see you guys! I know how hard it is to travel with kids...next time you pass by though... please stop! love you guys
Post a Comment