Monday, September 26, 2011

blessing day.

Avila was blessed yesterday. It was a beautiful blessing. And I actually heard it this time. {Unlike Jacob's blessing.} And, little Avila looked pretty darn adorable! She was so good, and didn't make a peep. The words which were said in the blessing were amazing. I'm very grateful for a husband who holds the Priesthood, and who is able to follow the direction on the Spirit. Adam is a great daddy.

 
But, let me tell you the story of the dress. The dreaded dress. I had a dress in my head for months. I dreamed about this dress. So, in June, I made this dress. It didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned. I'm no seamstress, and I messed up. I found a tutorial online for another one. So, I made it. I didn't like it either. In Adam's words, it was like a "Mexican Fiesta dress". I decided to try one more time and make another one. Yes, three dresses for the same occasion. 

What I didn't plan on, however, was getting Mastitis. {which, is another post in itself!} I was so sick. I was tired. I didn't want to do anything, and so the poor dress got put off. And then Saturday came. I went to the fabric store, got the fabric for the third dress, and thought it would be fine. I knew I wanted to make it like the first dress I made, and it was an easy dress, I had this. Until I cut it wrong, and messed up. I went to the fabric store again for more fabric. I came home, was confident about it, and sewed the dress. When I was about done, I looked at it, and it didn't look quite right. It was now like 11 PM, and I was already tired, and still sick from the Mastitis. I had messed up yet again. I was so frustrated. And, of course, it was too late to do anything about it! I was so upset. So, the first dress I made started to look better to me! Carol fixed the hem, and it I added a gray tulle layer to the bottom layer, and it was perfect. It was just what I wanted it to look like...almost. But, it was fine! And then finally, we were able to go to bed. If I would have just been content with the first one I made I could have saved so much time and money. Oh well. You live and learn, right??









2 comments:

Alison said...

Wish we could have been there- you all look great. Especially Avila in her dress! Two baby girls were blessed in our ward yesterday too.

Andrea Grover said...

She's gorgeous! And you're ambitious! (I leave the blessing dress making to my mom. :-))