Monday, September 26, 2011

Macie turns five.

Macie has been so excited for her birthday. Her birthday party plans change every day. She makes "lists" of what needs to get done, and what she wants. It's quite humorous. But, since the baby was born so close to her birthday, and since last years party was so intense, we decided to do it low key this year. {This coming week, she is having a little surprise birthday party with only five of her friends. We're just going to do simple ice cream and cake, it'll be short and sweet, and we'll call it good!} Since it was a school day, I decided to make cake pops for her class. Sometimes I should just be smacked and told that I'm crazy, because I think I am! Why would making 30 cake pops a week after giving birth be a good idea? I made the pops, but then ran out of the candy coating at 10 PM. Stores with the stuff didn't open until 9, and I had to have them at her class for recess at 10. I did it. We got there, I nursed while I was doing it...it was interesting, but it was worth it.

We did celebrate her birthday on her birthday with a little Kai Lan party, as per her request. My mom gave her some lanterns for her to cut out and hang up, and we hung up other lanterns on the ceiling, had orange chicken and dumplings for dinner, opened presents and finished off with a pink cake with sprinkles. She loved it. And, she got everything on her list! 

I can't believe she is already five. I remember when she was Avila's size so well. And now she's such a grown up girl with a mind of her own. She is very mature for her age {sometimes that goes to our advantage, but most of the time not!}, she's very confident, and just a good girl! Here's to another good year, Macie! Have fun being FIVE!






1 comments:

Alison said...

Fun birthday! Rylee's party is Saturday- I hope it goes well! I haven't done a friend party before, but Rylee is just excited that her friends are actually coming to her house!