We had the hardest time naming our fourth child. I had my names. Adam had his names. And, neither one of us liked the other persons names. We even bought a baby name book. I looked at every name in the book and made a list. Adam did the same thing, and even out of like 20,000 names, we had no matches! It was a little ridiculous.
We like the idea of family names, but couldn't agree on any. We like different names, but not like spelling different, or add a 'y' different, but names that aren't as common. It was getting tough. And then we went to the rodeo. I know, we aren't rodeo people. We were shocked, too! I would never actually pay to go, but free tickets? Sure, we'll go! ;-) The program book was full of advertisements. As I was looking through it I saw an ad for Avila Beach. The one next to it was for some Christensen place around here. And I liked it. Avila Christensen. I ran it by Adam, and he liked it too.. We just knew that was the name!
For those who don't live here, we live close to Avila Beach. It's the best beach around, and we love going there. And we especially love going to Avila Valley Barn. And to clarify, it is a short a sound, short i sound. There is something about Avila that we have always loved. And, since we move around a lot and are never sure where we'll be going next, we will always have something to "take" with us from this area.
It may be a different. non traditional name, but we love it.









1 comments:
I can't believe I guessed your "secret" name when we were there! And now I know why you were so upset when I pronounced it wrong when we were there! (Remember when I read the sign as we were walking on the pier and you made fun of me?) I think it's cute- and I've even been to Avila Beach. Now I'll always remember!
Post a Comment