{technically she was one week on the 14th, but we're still adjusting to this new life of ours!}
How crazy is it that Adam and I are parents of FOUR children? They are the four best children, however...and the cutest, too.;-) It was a crazy first week with a newborn at home again. We came home from the hospital on the 8th. After being in there for so long, it was time to leave and get some fresh air and just be out of the hospital! Since we were discharged when Avila was 24 hours old, they had us make an appointment with her regular pediatrician the following day. She was born at the hospital in San Luis Obispo, so our doctor didn't see her in the hospital. When we took her into her appointment, she was already back to her birth weight! She really only lost a few ounces in the hospital anyway.
Avila is a pretty good baby, really. She rarely cries and only does to eat. She's a nursing champ. She eats about every 2-3 hours. At night, however, she has a marathon nursing session. At about 9 she will nurse. And then burp. And then nurse. And then burp. And then nurse. It usually lasts until around midnight! I watch all of her signs...she grunts, sucks on her hands, and opens her mouth searching for her food! So, I just nurse her. She doesn't spit up, either, so she's just hungry! Something has to fill up that big belly of hers! After that she'll sleep until around 3, and then after the feeding, the burping, and the changing, it's about 4. And then around 6 she'll wake up again to nurse. But, then my alarm goes off at 6:40 to get Noah and Macie up and ready for school. So about 5 hours of sleep. Seriously, it's awful. I'm slowly adjusting. Luckily, Jacob will watch a movie while I take a little nap in the morning. With everything to do around the house, the messes to clean up, and the other three to take care of, I'm pretty exhausted at the end of the day, but the day doesn't end until midnight! We've had a lot of help so far, but I'm sure we'll be able to do it! And on our own.










2 comments:
I can't wait to see Avila in person- just a few more weeks! She's so adorable! And the girls are also dying to see her- they already want me to ask you if they can hold her! They might not let go!
I'll be there next week, get out recipes for dinners so I can cook for the family--believe it or not I've forgotten how to put on a meal for six or seven! I don't cook period any more!
And I'll sacrifice and play with Jacob so you can nap a little longer during the day! Someone's got to!! xoxo
Post a Comment