
I have a very BIG pet peeve about shopping carts. It bugs me to no end when I see carts just left randomly around the parking lot. They have cart return places for a reason! And, what makes it worse, is when I see people who are alone, no kids...they take their stuff out of the cart, and just set it to the side and leave it there. That cart could hit my car...that's not cool. I, on the otherhand, usually have at least one screaming child, and two others, but I will ALWAYS take the cart back to it's designated area, no matter how far away it is. I'm not bragging by any means...it's just common courtesy. I mean, come on...how hard is it really? What makes me the most upset about it, is when there is a shopping cart in the parking spot that I want to go into, which is usually very near the cart drop off place. Not only is it in the parking spot, but the thing is RIGHT THERE! I usually end up taking multiple carts back the corral thing. Yes, I do not work for them. And I know people get paid that could do it, but they put those cart places in the parking lots so people will use them, so why don't they? Anyway...enough rambling. But, think twice next time before you leave your cart randomly somewhere. Your car could be next...
2 weeks ago









3 comments:
Just yesterday I was feeling miffed at a few cart-leavers. I tried pulling in to a space at Fred Meyer only to find that there were four (FOUR!) carts parked in my space. I couldn't see them before I started pulling in, so I had to shift the van to park, get out, take the carts back, THEN finish pulling in. Grrr ...
I feel your pain. (I'm surprised I haven't blogged about this.) When I park at a store, it isn't for close distance to the front door; it is for a close distance to the cart return, so I don't have to be far from the car (with the girls in there) when I return the cart.
I always assume it is a desperate parent whose child is puking or some other emergency, who is leaving the cart in the lot. ...But now I hear it is lazy alone people? Wow.
The girls sometimes ask me why people litter and I tell them it is because people either don't know something just fell out of their pocket or because they are lazy and either don't pick up what fell or worse, just throw it out.
Courtesy; it's a good thing. I know it's somebody else's job to return carts, but it is also somebody's job to clean the windows and glass at stores, and that doesn't stop me from telling my girls not to touch the glass because someone has to clean that glass. Same with carts and taking them back.
Courtesy.
I couldn't agree with you more! There is one costco up here where it seems that no one puts their cart away. It drives me crazy to have the carts randomly strewn acroos the parking lot.
Post a Comment