Some many wonder why in the heck we went with the car we did. My sister even called and told me she would pretty much disown me if we bought the Flex. Well...we did it. Can I still be your sister? Will you still claim me when you see me pull up in this car? Can I still be friends with you minivan moms?? We did look at a minivan again last night before we made out final decision. We looked at the used Odyssey, and with the interest rate they were willing to give us, and the price and the taxes and fees, with no incentives, it was nearly the same price as a brand new Flex, or even a brand new VW Routan, so we didn't think that was worth it. We could have gotten the Routan for about the same price as the Flex. They were having a good incentive that you got a rebate, but the incentives and the bells and whistles that the Ford place had pretty much took the cake. Not only did we get a smokin deal, we have navigation, a very well built interior, more room, and mood lighting! The Routan didn't feel as nice. It felt a little cheaper than what I would expect from a Volkswagon. It was very nice, however. Very roomy. But we went with the Flex...it seemed a cooler car, I guess! I was ready to do the minivan thing, but the prices and payments just favored the Flex. You do what you got to do, right? I am happy with it. Although, I nearly passed out and threw up as we signed the papers. I have never made such a big purchase in my life. It was scary. In the state of California there is no "cool off" period. We're stuck with it now. But I like it. And I think we'll be making a road trip here in the near future. We have to try it out!! We would love to go to Seattle...however, my cousin is getting married in Salt Lake, I think we'll try for that!
So, if you can get past the look of the Ford Flex {I like it, but I think it's a really like it, or really hate it kind of car}, it really is a cool car, and very well built. Good job, Ford. {I never thought I'd say that!}
2 weeks ago









5 comments:
How fun! New cars are exciting, but I always have the same sick feeling in my stomach - like I'm signing my life away. I'm with you on the minivan thing - I just don't think I could ever get one, yet the sliding doors are really appealing!!
You and Adam will need to find a sitter and go parking with that mood lighting!!
Glad you didn't sell out like the rest of us schmucks. But really, enjoy the new vehicle. I'm still in love with our van, and we've had it for nearly a year.
You love your Flex so much, why don't you 'flex' just a little more after SLC and keep heading north to Seattle?! We'd love the second go-round. And I could watch your kids while you and Adam went to Everett's Drive-In Theater--that mood lighting, you know!
I think the flex is a great option for you guys. I felt the same way about not wanted a van for some unknown reason. I just couldn't see myself as a minivan mom.
Ok, let me get this straight, did you guys make a trip all the way up here to Seattle and NOT give us a call? Did you loose our number?
Post a Comment