Wednesday, April 1, 2009

$2.46

{This post was edited. I was so excited to share my great deal, I kind of forgot the best part of the story...the reason why I was telling you that Macie was sick...}

Who doesn't love a good deal?? I LIVE for good deals. Today, I needed a good deal.

Macie woke up sick this morning. Throwing up all over our bed. She didn't have a fever, I thought it was a fluke thing, and gave her breakfast. Not such a good idea. She threw up EVERYWHERE. In the living room, the toy room, her bedroom, her car seat...pretty much everywhere. We even missed storytime, she would have to be pretty sick to miss that. She loves storytime! Poor girl, but since she was throwing up so much, I thought I should go get her some Pedialyte, to avoid dehydration. We got in the car for the second attempt, and she was fine. We made it to Target, and things were going well. We were in the pedialyte isle, which is right next to a clearance section. I grabbed the pedialyte and glanced at the clearance stuff. I spotted some nursing pads, marked down to $1.24 from $6.99. So I got a few...but that wasn't the best deal I found. There was an online return sticker on a Hotslings sling marked fown to $2.46! And, the best thing was, it was my size.

I've mentioned MANY MANY times how big Jacob is. I can't carry him in the Bjorn, because it KILLS me. The sling I used to Macie is too small for his chubby self, and it is pretty girly. I put this new cheap sling on and he fits. Quite comfortably, actually. I'm excited to use it and see if it will help in any way!! I love Target.

But, Target doesn't love me. I didn't have a screaming child, no one ran away or got lost, but we did hear

"Attention Target employees, we need janitorial assistance in Department 5 {I don't know the exact number they used.}"
"Janitorial assistance" is the nice term for, a child just puked by the diapers. Yes, Macie threw up everywhere. Well, just on herself, the car and the floor...not the merchandise, thank goodness! I've had too many interesting experiences at Target, but it just means I love it so much that I have to keep going back...

3 comments:

carol said...

I first thought, oh no, Macie swallowed coins that caused the vomiting--that would be alot of coins to add up to $2.46! Please tell me that she's better tonight and that no one else is sick! Stay well, get well, get here!

Andrea Grover said...

Although I haven't had kids throw up in a store, I had to notify store personnel when Bekah dropped and smashed an entire bottle of fingernail polish at Wal-Mart and when Ana tried to pick up a box of eggs and threw them all on the floor at Winco. Good times.

Even though we don't have a baby and aren't even expecting, I would totally pick up a $2.46 sling. That's awesome!

brittanyandtravis said...

Great deals! You would like this blog http://athriftymom.com/

I hope Macie feels better soon!