{September 16}
We have Disneyland annual passes. Yeah, we're that cool! ;-) But, since we live further away than we used to, we don't go that often. But, we got a killer deal on the passes, and I can't pass up a good deal. I decided that I would take Macie by herself for her birthday. She has been tall enough to ride the "good" rides for a while, but hasn't been able to because I've just gone with the kids, and I couldn't leave Jacob in the stroller! So, we woke up on her birthday, sent Noah off to school, and took Jacob to a friend's house. I was a little nervous about that, however. And he did great! We didn't get to Disneyland until around 1, but it really wasn't too crowded. It was hot, and Macie wore her Alice dress that my mom had made and sent to her. She looked adorable, the perfect Alice.
Apparently, when you have a pass, there is a special magical sound when you go through the gate. They told me to go to City Hall and get her special message. And then, of course, people thought she looked pretty darn cute. We got to City Hall, and surprisingly, they already had her birthday button made up with her name on, and the girl said, "Happy Birthday, Macie! We've been waiting for you. We have a special message for you." Talk about personalized service, I was pretty impressed. They handed Macie a phone, and she listened to a birthday message from Goofy. She loved it. As we were leaving a lady told me that they would be having a game of Musical Chairs at 2:30 and Alice would love to have Macie there. Perfect. We weren't going to miss it. She asked if we were for sure going to be there. How could we not?
We went on a few rides and headed back to the Coke Cafe. We waited a little bit and drank our $3 soda, and all of the sudden we hear the Mad Hatter say, "Are you Macie? I'm looking for Macie." He asked a few people if they were Macie. I couldn't believe it at first. Was he really saying my daughters name? It took Macie by surprise as well. And yes, he was saying her name! Alice and the Mad Hatter came over to wish her a happy birthday and invite her to play, but she refused. The Queen of Hearts was there too, and she was a little scared. So, we watched. The game seemed to last forever. But, finally after about 40 minutes it was done.
Toward the end there was a long line of people wanting autographs and pictures with Alice. But when they were ready to leave, Alice said, "I only have time for one picture. And that's with Macie, the birthday girl." We got our picture, and they were off. Talk about Disney Magic. It was so cool, and we didn't even have to pay extra! It pays to dress up sometimes, I guess!
We had a fun time, though. She got to ride Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Soarin'. And, of course, the Tea Cups, Alice, Dumbo, and many others. We left around 6, but it was a very funfilled day!









1 comments:
Wow! What a lucky little girl! I can't wait to see what you're going to do for Noah's birthday!
Post a Comment