On August 3, 1978, President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation to make the first Sunday following Labor Day, National Grandparents Day. Making it a day to "...honor grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children's children, and to help children become more aware of strength, information, and guidance older people can offer."
We are very grateful for our grandparents. All of them: Grandma Jensen, Grandpa Jensen, Myrt {aka Grandma Ludlow}, Grandpa Ludlow, Grandma Helen, Grandpa Tommy, Grandma Frankman, Grandpa Frankman, Momo, Pa, Nana and Papa. Each one of the grandparents in our lives has made a difference in the Christensen family. WE LOVE OUR GRANDPARENTS!
HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY!
{older people really can offer a lot of strength, information, and guidance...thanks! ;-)}
{I thought this would be a safer way to get a picture on here that you all actually like!}










1 comments:
Lindsay I love that you did this. With the recent passing of my grandma I totally missed this day and wanted to celebrate. I'm going to blog on my belated Grandparent's Day since they are so important and so many great stories.
Side note: did you hear me honking like a crazy person the other day when driving. Yep, that was me!
Post a Comment