Thursday, September 16, 2010

Macie is 4.

Four? Is my baby girl really 4? If you have ever had a conversation with her, you would agree that she acts much like a 6 year old...at least! She is quite the little girl! We love her so much! It just seems so strange that four years ago we brought our little girl into this world. I remember her cheeks, and how round they were. She was definately not the 5 pound baby the doctors prepared me for! Funny though, she had lots of "extra" skin as a newborn. I didn't think she'd ever grow into it. Little did I know, three weeks later she'd be 12 pounds and quite the chunk. And she didn't stop. On her 1st birthday she weighed in at 34 pounds! Now, 3 years later, she has only gained 6 pounds!

Macie is such a wonderful little girl. She has so much spunk, so much sweetness, and so much humor. She's worried that when she's in Kindergarten, her class "won't get me, like understand me." She likes princesses and wants to be a skater girl, she's her own person! She's a very mature 4 year old, but we wouldn't have it any other way!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MACIE ALIDA! Here's to another great year! I love you, baby girl. I always will.


{Per Macie's request, she gets a mother-daughter date to Disneyland today! How's that for a birthday? Gotta love living in California and annual passes! Hey, she wants an Alice in Wonderland birthday, so we HAVE to ride the Tea Cups, it just makes sense! ;-)}

5 comments:

carol said...

Happy Birthday, Macie Alida! I love you,Nana
p.s. It's wonderful that you asked me did I know that Papa used to wriggle his eyebrows sometimes, and that Circus Peanuts are really candy! Papa would have laughed!

erica said...

happy birthday macie!
seriously 34lbs? haha. thats awesome. crazy that shes only gained 6 lbs in 3 years.
so so darling.
have fun at disneyland :)

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, Macie! I hope Disneyland was fun- lucky girls!

Heidi said...

hope your birthday was wonderful, macie! i'm so jealous you got to go to disneyland for your birthday. i've never done that. hope it was fun and your mommy didn't get sick on the tea cups!

Powers Fam said...

She makes a perfect Alice!! Happy birthday! Crazy that she was 34lbs at 1 year. Julia just hit the 34lb mark this month. Hope you had a wonderful time at Disneyland.