Wednesday, August 4, 2010

mixed feelings...

I don't know if I like this whole growing up thing. Can't my kids just stay little for a long time, and never get older? This morning Jacob slept in. That doesn't happen often. Really, it never happens. But, it was 9 and he was still asleep. I was with the other kids downstairs eating breakfast, and we heard Jacob upstairs, getting some clothes, looking out the window and waving at people at the bus stop across the street, and then then he came downstairs all grins {this doesn't usually happen either...he's a morning crier!} and said hi to all of us, went and got a diaper and brought it to me and laid down. Really?! He got himself out of bed and everything? How old is this kid? What happened to my baby that needed me for everything? It's kind of sad.

And then to top it all off, NOAH STARTS KINDERGARTEN IN 12 DAYS! Oh my goodness. My kids are old. I'm old...

1 comments:

Lefty said...

Maybe I am a strange Mama, but I think you will enjoy Noah at Kindergarten--to have just Macie and Jacob. I will have three hours of silence (or whatever I want to fill the silence with) in the mornings, with Madeline starting kindergarten.

But about that Jacob getting older, I totally understand those mixed feelings!

...time for another? ;)