Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day.

I did it. I dropped Noah off at school. Yes, school. I cannot believe it. I'm still not sure if I believe that he's already 5 {almost 6}. Did I really have him that long ago? Holy cow. I only cried a little bit. Macie told me not to cry. She was upset too, I think she didn't want me to cry so she wouldn't cry. School started at 8. He didn't even want me to stay, he told me I could leave and he's just wait in line! That stinker. After we dropped him off, and then Adam, we went to the store. I cried some more and Macie reassuringly said, "Noah will be back very soon. It's not like he moved to Utah or something." And she is very right. He's only in half day Kindergarten. He'll be okay. I'll be okay. It's just the getting older bit that I don't like. Why can't they just stay little for just a little bit longer? Next year I'll have a FULL day schooler and a Kindergartner. I have to try not to think about that one...it's too mind boggling!

{Adam has the camera, so I'll be posting pictures later. Don't you worry. I took them. }

4 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

Look at you! You're so on-the-ball that you're blogging about Noah's first day of school ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Can't wait to see the pictures. Was Noah excited? Bekah has a countdown going on. Every day she crosses off one day on her calendar and says, "Fourteen more days until kindergarten!"

Powers Fam said...

I'm dreading the first day and I have a whole year to go!

lillipad said...

i love macie and her wisdom!

it does stink that they have to grow up so fast, Lilli will be one in a little over a week...it's freaking me out!

Brooke said...

Macie's reminder rocks! It's true. Good thing he's not moving to Utah or something. Give him about ... 13 more years for that!?
Congratulations on surviving!