Friday, August 20, 2010

the bus.

When Noah was first starting school, I was very against him riding the bus. It kind of scared me. But, then I learned that on the way home, it is just the Kindergartners. That made me feel a little better. And Noah REALLY wanted to ride it. I watched how they got the kids on, and they all have a sticker with their address, and they are very careful with these little kids. {I think he was the most excited to get the sticker. It's very coveted in the Kindergarten classes!} So, I caved. I let him ride the bus home. I usually pick him up at 11:40, and the bus dropped him off at 12:03. So, it wasn't too bad, really. And he loved it. I think it will just be a Friday thing, however. I don't know if I'm ready to do it everyday. I was a little nervous until I saw the bus driver waving and Noah's head poke out the window when the bus stopped! This week was definately an emotional one. My little Noah is growing up. I guess it's inevitable.


1 comments:

Heidi said...

what a grown up kiddo! i can't believe he's already in kindergarten. and you're already starting school?! we don't start until the 8th of september! yipes!!!
as for the bus, i may be just too trusting in nature, but my kids have always been safe on the bus and if there are any bullying issues or anything the bus driver usually is able to nip it immediately, or at the very least a phone call to the teachers the next morning is usually sufficient. my boys love the bus and emma feels jipped she can't ride it for a whole nother school year.
just enjoy this time. it goes so fast.
what a cutie in those pics, linds!