Friday, July 30, 2010

another one bites the dust...

Noah got an unexpected visit from the Tooth Fairy last night. We were playing with friends yesterday in the pool in the backyard, one thing led to another, and the next thing I knew, Noah was screaming with blood running down his chin. Something had been thrown at him, and knocked his tooth out, it wasn't a loose tooth...I had just wiggled all his teeth the night before. We never found the tooth. Which made Noah very worried. He didn't think the Tooth Fairy would come without the actual tooth. So, I assured him that if we wrote a note and put that under his pillow, telling the Tooth Fairy that the tooth was in the backyard, he'd be okay! It worked. The Tooth Fairy came! Although, unintentional, the dollar was very much accepted, anyway!

{I chose the sepia tone for the close ups as to not gross you out by the pre-morning brushing of the teeth!}

Our home teacher came over last night and told us that when he was younger, he fell on the sidewalk, when he got up his tooth was missing. But they never found his tooth. His gums started swelling, so his mom took him into the dentist, after x-rays they found out the tooth hadn't been knocked out, but it got pushed back up into the gums, and eventually came back down. We didn't find Noah's tooth, maybe the same thing will happen. Adam told Noah if it does, he'll have to give the dollar back to the Tooth Fairy. He didn't like that idea!

1 comments:

Kristyn said...

Tell him I'll give him a dollar if he has to give his back! :)

We love Noah. I hope this doesn't cause any long term damage on our friendship with him! :)