Friday, July 23, 2010

and now we have white...

Jacob really likes his cast. A lot. A little too much, I guess. He plays with it quite a bit, he's always putting stuff in it, and pulling on it. And apparently, his arm is getting skinnier. And what happens when you combine the two? Well, it will fall off!

Yes, the cast fell off. I was taking his jammies off this morning, like I have been doing every morning for 2 weeks, and this time, the cast came with them.

The look on his face was priceless, he had a HUGE grin on his face and started turning his arm around looking at it, he was pretty excited! But then he started touching it and saying "Ow. Ow. Ow." I didn't know if it really hurt, or he just remembered it hurting. After my attempts to put the {bent} cast back on his arm failed, I called the doctor. However, the only appointment I could get was at 4:45 an hour and half away. So, knowing that it was Friday, and I'd have to wait until Monday, I took it.

We were late getting down to our appointment, traffic wasn't what I expected. We live in Santa Maria...there isn't ever traffic. Until tonight. We have a freak "rush hour" at 3. Seriously, I have bad luck. I did call and tell them I would be late. And then they called back and said that the doctor had an emergency surgery, so if I was late, we may have to reschedule. They called when I was 11 miles away. I was not going to miss this appointment, dangit! We get to the office, I rush the kids in, we get to the door, and there is a big sign, "WE'VE MOVED"! Could this day get any better?

Why, yes, it could. We missed the doctor, he went to surgery. But, lucky for us, he would come back afterward, and recast poor Jakey's arm. We waited around for at least another hour. He did come back, and he did recast it, this time we didn't get a cool color. It's white. And it's called a "soft cast", but it's still kinda hard, its hard to explain. But, the good thing about it, you don't have to get it cut off, you just peel it off in a week. Jacob cried when the doc didn't put the blue one back on, so he just kept it. And he held it all the way home! Funny kid!

And, to make it an even better story. We decided to have a little "office get together" tonight as well. Adam invited his whole office over for pulled pork. I already had 16 pounds of pork cooking, we couldn't cancel! We were an hour and half late for our own party. Good thing Adam was home! Jacob passed around the marker and was so proud of people signing his cast. He likes to show it off, and gives you the pouty face, too. He's very dramatic...it kinda worries me! ;-)

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

I see our names! :) Last night was fun! And Adam was the hostess with the mostess and the hour and a half flew by that we were waiting. And then you got there and it was even more fun! The food was yummy, thanks for having us! BTW, Heather's choc chip cookies made me want to have another bake off again. We should plan.

Lefty said...

I would like to hug and squeeze and kiss that boy!

Which is why I feel prompted (so you really should come!) to invite you to come our way the next major holiday.

There are several benefits:

1. You can see me. (And who doesn't like that!) I may even do a little Gob Illusion with 100 pennies, if you're lucky...

2. You can see the girls. And Geoff.

3. You can see your family. Oh wait, have I mentioned before how close I live to your parents? And I do believe Noah and Macie and Jacob would like to see your dad, since I think it was just your mom visiting last, wasn't it?

So there you have it, three good reasons for coming our way.

Just so I can hug and squeeze and kiss that adorable Jacob.

Oh, and maybe we can talk my mom into flying down here when you are here and that is just the best bonus, isn't it?