Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kendall.

Noah has a friend named Kendall. He loves Kendall. There are other little girls that he really really likes. But, he LOVE Kendall. He tells me everyday. He wants to marry her. Around Christmas time he was pretty upset about their relationship. He said that she didn't like him anymore. He was devestated to tears. But, he kept going back for me hoping for her to like him again. Kendall hadn't come over to play in a while. Mainly due to the sickness that lingered in our house for months and we just couldn't kick, but either way, she didn't come over. But, she did just the other day. Noah was very excited for her to come play. They get along really well. She is a tomboy, but still occasionally like girlish things. She likes Star Wars and Transformers. I think that was what got Noah! After she left Noah got a little giddy. Giggling a lot. I asked him why he was so happy, and he turned bright red. He's 5, he's not supposed to blush yet. And then he just kept saying, "She said yes!" And then would giggle some more. I kind of new what he was talking about, but asked him what she had said yes to. {Remember, these kids are FIVE.} And he replied,

I asked Kendall to marry me. AND SHE SAID YES!
He was so excited. My five year old propsed to his future wife. Not so sure how I feel about that! But, he insists that he's marrying her. We love Kendall. Maybe we'll just revisit this in 20 years.

3 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I love your little anecdotes about your children! They make me laugh!

Heidi said...

how adorable is that? i lurve the first crushes children get and are so convinced they'll marry.
will has had his sites on a couple girls in his career so far, so either he's fickle, or it's normal.
either way, kiss that little boy for me.

carol said...

I heard that the earth shifted when there was this earthquake in Chile. I think it's the only solution for me to get closer to you guys because of Bryan's ongoing doctor appointments. But I'm panikking, I get really, really homesick for you guys. And now I read that Macie is a nearly grown-up clothes snob and Noah is getting married. ARGGHHHH!!! Truly, for two weeks now I've been pining away to visit you all. I want to bring a loppity puppy (wooden pull toy--adorable) for Jacob's first birthday because he's walking and will love it. But so far my wishes are only that. Wahh, I feel so sad for me.