Remember when I wanted Jacob to walk? I thought life would be so much easier if I didn't have to hold him all of the time. I was going to be able to get so many more things done. Like actually folding laundry right out the dryer. Or cleaning the soap scum off the shower doors. Or even sweeping and mopping the floors. Well...those things that used to be hard holding a baby, have just gotten harder with a walker. Why did I forget these things? Jacob is my THIRD baby, why does it seem so much worse now? He's into everything. He refuses to take naps, he throws all of the laundry off our "balcony" in the living room, he cries and screams bloody murder when ever the vaccuum is on, he takes EVERY single thing out of EVERY single cupboard and drawer in the bathroom and kitchen, he then proceeds to climb those drawers ending up in the sink. This kid is crazy I tell ya! He's got so much mischeif up his sleeves. It doesn't help that he sees his older siblings doing things, he gets lots of ideas.
One day I'll have an emmaculate house. I'll be completely caught up with laundry. My pantry and fridge will always be clean and organized. The floors will always be vaccuumed, swept and mopped. AND, I'll be showered and dressed before noon. One day. My time will come. It isn't easier, but this stage of life is great. I do love it. I love being a mother and being able to stay home with these monsters...er...I mean cute kids everyday. I guess I'll just enjoy life as it comes. The laundry can wait a little longer, these kids won't be little forever.
1 week ago









2 comments:
I live a hop, skip and a jump away - call me! I'll totally watch him!
ha ha ha! welcome to motherhood, linds. you are living my life right now. so i get it. :)
in the meantime, just do what i do. do the best you can do and feel guilty about all the rest, apologize whenever company "stops by" and the house is a wreck, and have your mama come and help you get it organzied periodically. :)
seriously, this is just one phase of many in our lives, and it really will get easier one day. my kids have outgrown certain toys and are more into the wii. i'm thinkin' i can have a much cleaner house, very soon, after i di everything.
take care.
Post a Comment