but, sometimes he's not. Yesterday was one of those days.
A little background for the story: I have the worst cell phone luck. Seriously, THE worst. I can't keep them around here. I had been using a phone, and it wouldn't charge. We bough different chargers, and still nothing. It just wouldn't charge. And it didn't ring, just vibrated. So unless I was holding the phone, I missed many a calls. And so I was given another phone from my sister. I liked it. It was pink. The phone I had previously been using defaulted to be the "play" phone. Jacob lugged that thing around everywhere he went! And then some little bird took it for just a second before it was quickly intercepted, but the damage had already been done. The screen was completely blank. And so if you didn't know who you were calling. The text message inbox was full, I couldn't delete them. I couldn't see the screen to do it. And if you didn't know the number of the person to call, you couldn't really call someone. And so I decided to use the older phone. At least I'd be able to make calls.
But, to change things on a 15 month old isn't very fair. I took his toy. But, it miraculously started to hold a charge. I gave him the pink phone. But, would you want to play with something that you had been warned and threatened many times not to play with?
And this brings us to yesterday. Jacob had the working phone in his hand, talking to someone. I took it from him. He kept finding it. No matter where I put it. I figured I was making dinner, he was occupied, it'd be fine. And that was the last I saw of the phone. I wanted to use it later, and it was no where to be found. Remember, it doesn't ring. I could not find it. I searched our house high and low. I looked in every bag of Macie's, I looked in the fridge, every cupboard, every toy bin. No where. I gave up and finally made it to bed around 1 AM. I woke up in morning with an idea to use Erin's phone to call it while the house was very quiet in hopes I'd hear the faint vibration. I called the number and heard the phone. It was a miracle. I heard it. I walked closer to the noise, and hoped that it didn't really come from where it was coming from. But...it was. It was in the garbage can! Luckily, it was nestled in a plastic bag, but don't you worry, I sanitized the crap out of it!
The only thing is now, I wonder what other things have ended up in there...
2 weeks ago









4 comments:
haha...oh my gosh, kids and cell phones. what is with it? and they have to be the ones that work!
funny that you found it in the garbage...the other day i told ivy to go throw away a yogurt cup and she threw the spoon away as well. i never would have known had i not been watching her at out of the corner of my eye.
jacob is getting so big. he looks so darling and yes, innocent in that picture :)
I'm a little confused- is my phone ok? I loved that phone- I wish I still had a pink phone!
i'm giggling over here. seriously. can you hear me?
i giggle cuz i live it with you. my kids do some pretty crazy stuff and hide things from me. when i ask them about it (ok, confront) they always tell me they were just saving it for later. or maybe they're just busted! :)
at least jacob didn't try flushing it down the toilet like will did as a toddler. and of course the warrantee didn't extend to water damage. so the lady at car toys told me to put it under my tires and back over it. then i could get a new one under the warrantee. maybe you should do the same! then you'd be able to have a ringing phone again! :)
You learn so many useful things on blogs! Not just how to copy baking and decorating ideas but how to get your insurance to pay for semi-ruined cell phones! Run over them! I would never have thought of that, glad I read these blogs! And if you ever want to trade in Jacob, call me. Oh wait, email me!! I'll be there to collect him pronto! This darling happy boy has personality plus! Love his curly hair too!
Post a Comment