I know, I know, there is a predictable trend, these days, with my blogging. I'm always late. Hey, it's the thought the counts and better late than never, right? But, I didn't want to to neglect this one much longer. And so...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYRT! Myrt is my grandma. My mom's mom. Yes, I call my grandma, Myrt, which is her first name. No, she is not my grandpa's second wife. I just call her Myrt.
{here's the story, if you're wondering. Or, the story as I have been told. So, when Erin was little, she was one of only two grandchildren at the time. And lived the closest, and saw Myrt and Grandpa the most. Since she was usually the only child around, she picked up on everyone else calling her Grandma, Myrt. Erin seems to remember our Uncle Eric telling her to call her Myrt. And Myrt wasn't a very old grandma, and didn't like to be called grandma just yet, so she liked it. And so it stuck. The Jensen family always called her Myrt. It was easier to distinguish between the two Grandma's, too. And there you have it, the story of why we call our grandma, Myrt.}Anyway, Myrt celebrated her 79th birthday on Monday, September 28th. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with her. I love Myrt. She's an amazing person. She is probably one of the greatest people you will ever meet! The spirit about her is awesome, I always love to even be in her prescence. She is the best cook there ever is. She makes the yummiest cake, pie, rolls, sugar cookies and heck, pretty much EVERYTHING, and not just sweet things, either! I have SO missed dinner at Myrts. And Myrt's chocolate cake on birthdays. I love you, Myrt! And I miss you A LOT! {and I know you miss me, too...I am your FAVORITE grandchild afterall ;-) Hey, I was the only one named after you! Just kidding.} But, I love you and I hope that you have a great year! See you soon!!









4 comments:
Funny, my grandma never wanted to be called grandma because it made her feel old. It was always Ruthie and Carl. Some of my second cousins didn't realize they were my grandparents for quite some time.
such a good post linds! happiest day grandma! you were in my thoughts on the 28th. love you lots. hope to see you soon! chris is itchin to get up there. there's probably 5 feet snow! ha.
Lindsay, Myrt is MY inspiration! Does she and husband still walk 5 miles daily around the I.F. Temple? We who are 15-20 years or so younger should be in as good as shape (and youthful looks) as she is now! Tell her I admire her very much please!
lindsay...please come back to the blog world!
Post a Comment