So, I had full intentions of doing a mega update and getting everything done. And then I decided to make Halloween costumes. Why do I think these things are ever a good idea? I don't really know how to sew. I can't do the whole pattern thing. I don't know what it means to baste. I thought it had something to do with a turkey {I don't know how to do that either!} But, I've started. There is no going back now. And for now, I'll leave you with my explanation...the reason I have been left with no time. This has taken over my life...
1 week ago









6 comments:
Oooh! The suspense is killing me! Is it a Dorothy dress? Is it a curtain? (Maybe somebody wants to dress up like a window.) Is it a cowboy shirt?
Oh man. You are crazy talented! Ask Matt about the time I tried to make our Halloween costumes :)
first instinct was dorthy too.
cant wait to see the finished product.
You had me laughing out loud! I know you and Halloween costumes!
Hey at least you are trying! Give yourself some credit, that's much more that I would even attempt!
The Dorothy outfit you sewed is quite impressive, Lindsay! I especially love the 'grow pleat' above the hem. A little history lesson--in the old, old days when fabric was scarce (expensive) mothers sewed dresses and slips with these grow pleats and as the girl grew, the BASTED stitches (hand sewn, easier to rip out) were torn out and the skirt became longer. Ta dahh!
Post a Comment