Tuesday, September 22, 2009

nine months


Oh where, oh where has the time gone? Jeesh. This kid is ALREADY nine months old. I swear, I just did an eight month post, didn't I? {well, at my rate, and my slackishness, I probably did just barely do the eight month post...} But, alas, here we are, at the nine month mark...and a few days. Yes, I did just use the word "alas".

Anyway, Jacob is such a big boy. He has a doctor appointment tomorrow morning, so we'll know his stats more accurately. Until then, just know he's a BIG kid! To give you a better idea, he is about 4 inches taller than Noah was at 11 months. How do I know this? Well, we had a fashion show with Noah's old Halloween costume. When Jacob tried it on, it was far too short, and he is quite a bit taller! And, he is already in 24 month clothes. Yes. 24 months. Crazy isn't it? I think I officially have to move him to a size 5 diaper. He's been leaking out quite a bit lately. Macie, however, was in a size 6 at 8 months. So, this kid does have a littler bum than his older sister! Jacob is still not "officially" crawling. He is very mobile. He moves around pretty quickly. I cannot tell you how, though. He doesn't really move when people watch him. It's that split second you turn your back and he's moved clear across the room! I don't know why, or how, but he does it and he's quick! He gets into crawling position, and rocks back and forth and it looks like he'll just go, but then he rolls and rolls. He does lay on his back and then roll back to a sitting position, so that's good! I'm not worried about it, at least I kinda know where he's at! I'm enjoying it, really! They are only little for a short time, I"m going to take it for all it's worth! He has 6 teeth, with 2 more starting to make their appearance. He has two bottom front ones, and the new two are also on the bottom, and then the four top front ones. And he is a biter! We'll see how long this nursing thing lasts! I don't think it will go 22 months like Macie! {as I typed that I realized that was a pretty crazy longtime to nurse!}

Jacob is a funny kid. He's always so happy. He loves to have "alone" time when the other two are sleeping or gone. He really opens up and just relaxes! It's funny. He laughs all of the time. I have never seen a more ticklish kid that him. You just say the word tickle and he tenses up and giggles. He loves to be cuddled, and tickled. He eats EVERYTHING. The other two did not, so it's a new experience with him! Everything goes into his mouth. We have had quite a few scares as he chokes on things that he puts into his mouth. Usually, however, it's just his hands that he is choking on. He likes to eat them. He loves to eat Trix. They are by far his favorite thing in the world, besides nursing! He does not like baby food, he much rather would eat whatever I'm eating. I mean, come on, wouldn't you? He always smiles for the camera. If he sees a camera out, he'll smile, even if you aren't taking a picture of him. And he's a talker. He talks and talks, and loves when he hears himself scream! From the day he was born, he has "talked" himself to sleep. It's the funniest thing ever. He does it about every night. It's great. I can't believe time if going to dang fast! I want it to stop. Where did my baby go? He is growing, but I am loving it. He's a great little guy. I wouldn't trade him for anything! I LOVE YOU, JACOB MAXWELL!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Rylee only made it to size 4- she wore size 5 at night though. So Jacob's pretty big! We just started Ashlyn in size 3. They are fun at this age!

Andrea Grover said...

Man ... neither of our kids has even made it to a size 5 diaper. We get to a 4, plateau, and then potty train.

carol said...

Reading your love letter to Jacob Maxell brought tears to my eyes! Lindsay, you are the sweetest of mothers! We're so blessed you're in the Christensen family!

Lefty said...

Jacob looks so much like your family in this picture. Well, actually he looks so much like your family anyway.

I'm back. We're settling in. Just a few more boxes to unpack and a few more paintings to hang.