
{I love her to death, but I am SO glad this baby shower is over! No offense, Kristyn.}
I have this friend, Kristyn. She's great. Her husband, Paul, works with Adam. I think they moved here like in February or something. And since then, we have really bonded. She has a little boy, Thacker, who is Macie's age, and Macie has decided that she is marrying him. It'll be an arranged marriage of sorts! But, Kristyn was due on September 20th. I wanted to throw her a baby shower. So, I called our other friend, Beth to help with the festivities. However, Beth was going to be having foot surgery {again} and would be down for the count afterward. I had originally wanted to do a baby shower after the baby came, because I think it's kind of fun to actually see the baby and things, but due to the surgery, it would have to be pre-baby.
Well, little Bennett REALLY wanted to attend the baby shower. I mean, a party, hosted by ME? Come on, who WOULDN'T want to go! Ha, just kidding. But, he did make a surprise appearance 16 days early, just one week prior to the shower. Which worked out perfectly. Kristyn's mom was able to be there, Bennett was there, and it was all sorts of fun!
I got really excited to do the decor for the party. I was actually very glad that she was having a boy, have you seen all of the darling baby shower ideas for girls these days?? So, I was content with a boy! ;-) Originally I had planned on making the banner, but it wasn't until he was actually born and had a name that I decided to put the letters on it, it made it that much better, I think. I have to brag, I think it turned out pretty darn cute. I think I may have to steal some of my own ideas for my own children. I've been making "celebrate" banners very similar to this one for about 2 years. They take so dang long to make, though, so there hasn't been many actually GIVEN to any one. Soon. Very soon. If you have one, you should feel very lucky! {ahem...you know who you are...} Anyway, this one turned out cuter, though. I think each child will be getting one now!
Parties are pretty fun to put on. I get excited about them. But I don't know how many sleepless nights I have had thinking of different ideas, rethinking ideas, and just plain stressing out. I stress out too easily, I'm afraid. But, it all turned out fine in the end. I was in charge of invites and decorations, and then Beth did food, and Rachel did the game, it went smoothly. We enjoyed delicious chicken salad crossiants, veggies, chips, dips, salsas, candy, and of course, you can't forget the chocolate fondue afterwards. The only thing that I am TOTALLY kicking myself over, is that I completely forgot the party favors. And they were cute. Little cookies that looked like binkies. I'll have pictures of them soon. I was so mad. I remembered after everyone had gone home. All that time and all those trips to the store to make them right and I forgot them. Oh well...it was still fun. Good times.
Congratulations, Kristyn &Paul. Bennett is the cutest little guy! I'm so glad that we were able to do this shower for you. You guys are the best! We love you.
2 weeks ago









4 comments:
Lindsay, would you orchestrate and design my life?! You are so creative, have such a great eye. I'm trying to design, complete everything in my bedroom before my foot surgery 'cause I'll be looking at those four walls alot the first week or two. I wish I could see you all, we miss you. Hugs and kisses and squeezes to Noah, Macie and Jacob!
love the Bennett banner! so clever! btw, we LOVE the Celebrate banner you made for us. When I actually get organized enough I get it out and up for celebrations in our house! so yea you!
It was really fun and it was nice having Bennett there too. Good job Lindsay. Where are you hiding all the pics at. Good job on getting Kristyn's photos from her camera. We'll have to get together soon when I am not sick! UGH
It was the cutest baby shower I have ever seen! Hands down. And everyone - you be totally sad you missed out on one of Linds' forays. She can really throw 'em!
Post a Comment