Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Noah...


Noah has had a rough few days. He had another seizure on Sunday night. We took him to the Urgent Care, and he has like some strep or staff infection on his face, and then they said he had an ear infection. His fever was high, so we figured it was most likely another febrile seizure. And then in the middle of the night, he had another one. And then 2 more following. We finally took him to the ER. We decided to increase his medicine, and hopefully he will be safe for a while. It was pretty scary. No matter how many times he goes through it, and I see him go through it, I don't get used to it. It's scary every time. He's a trooper though. Monday night he was back to the same Noah...but it was a rough day for everyone! I had been dreading going to the hospital here, I hadn't heard that it was the nicest...but it wasn't that bad. A lot better than the hospital in Palmdale. There wasn't anyone handuffed to a pole, or the nurses station wasn't behind glass...I didn't feel like I was on an episode of ER, it was pretty mellow. They did have to escort a disgruntled person from the waiting room, and a patient ran away, but it wasn't that bad! But, Noah is on an antibiotic, his spots on his face are nearly gone, and he's a happy boy. He doesn't know when he goes through a seizure. He doesn't understand. I don't know if he knows when they are going to happen or what it's like for him. It would be interesting to know. But, hopefully he won't have to go through it again, so he won't have to tell me about it. Noah is a good kid.

1 comments:

Talia said...

Poor Noah! I hope that's behind him for a while now! Evan had another seizure in May- on Kayla's birthday no less! It was another long one, about 25 minutes, and another 4 day stay at the hospital while they ran tests. I know how scary it is for you! And I never can get used to it either. Poor kids. They are troopers though...
Talia