Moving is awful. And then when you think it couldn't get any worse, you remember that you have to unpack everything that you've spent so long packing. Jeez. We are finally moving next week. It seems like we have been going to move for the longest time. I officially started packing like 2 weeks ago, and no...I am not done. You'd think that I would be, huh? I mean, two weeks, you can get a lot done in two weeks, right? Um...with my kids, no. Every time I try to start packing or do something productive, they become so needy! What is it with kids? I guess it's called being a mother. Adam was gone last week, and again this week, so it's like I'm doing it all by myself. And it sucks. Luckily he'll be home Friday night so he can load the truck, that will be very helpful. But with being pregnant, it's not the funnest move in the world. (by the way, spell check didn't tell me that funnest wasn't a word...)
This will be out fourth move within 2 years. Yeah, our fourth. And we've had pretty decent moves. We moved to Torrance, CA from Rexburg in September 2006, we loaded everything up in the big huge truck when Macie was 1 week old. We lived in Torrance for 8 months. And then we moved to the neighboring city, Lawndale. I hate even admitting we lived in Lawndale. I always told myself that I wouldn't ever live in a city that was in a TuPac song. Well, Lawndale wasn't in a Tupac song, but we lived only blocks from Inglewood, which Tupac says is always up to no good. And the city of Compton, yeah...within blocks. Oh, Lawndale. Anyway, we only lived there for 6 weeks. And then it was a good 2 hour move to Palmdale. We have been here for a whole year. Can you believe it? A WHOLE year. That's almost a record for us! The bad thing: we have collected SO MUCH STUFF. We have been living in a 3000 square foot home. Yes, we have been in heaven. So nice to have so much room. It isn't ours, but it's still been nice! But along with loving it, we probably tripled how much crap we have. We have a sectional, a piano, a Queen sized guest bed, a side by side fridge (a lot of places don't have them in California, weird, huh?), and just lots of accumulation of stuff. We had the biggest truck when we moved from Rexburg to Torrance, and we had TONS and TONS of extra space. Now, I'm hoping we have enough room for everything! This time we'll be moving 3 hours away.
It will be a good move. I'm super excited about it. It's a heck of a lot cooler. 70s all year round. Right now at 9:03 PM, it's 95 degrees here in Palmdale. Yuck. We have a way nice house in Santa Maria, too. Adam's job he's on will probably last at least 3 years. That will be so nice for us. And so weird. I'm excited about the actual relocation, but not about the moving itself! I hate packing. I hate cleaning. Oh, I just hate it all. It never ends.
I started out having such organization. I got rid of tons of stuff. And everything was labeled nicely. Every thing had a home. And the boxes were all neatly packed. Okay, now, it's a mess. I'm just throwing random things into boxes. Something that I did not want to do. It's awful. We have too much crap. This morning I woke up and it looked like I hadn't done a dang thing. Even though I have been packing for 2 weeks! Jeesh...it'll be over soon. I just have to keep telling myself that. I've complained a lot lately. Sorry. Just a lot of things going on right now. Everything all at once. Pregnancy, Noah and a seizure, Macie teething, moving, being husbandless for a week, man, the list goes on! And then to top it off, Noah has been throwing up for the past hour. No breaks.
Anyway, I wanted to post a moving picture. But I didn't have one. I'll post more pictures when we move, of our cute house. I think I'm done blogging for a while, I'm ready to pack the computer. But I did find this picture. I had to find one of someone else, I didn' think it would be appropriate if I posted one of myself. And she is wearing exactly what I wear to pack...how strange is that? And I know it's how all of your wish you could pack, too. I mean, shouldn't we all dress like that when we're packing and have a smile on our face? 
1 week ago









2 comments:
That picture is too funny! I hope moving goes well, I hate it too! I would see if you could hire someone to clean for you, that is what I think I am doing the next time we move. Good luck!
Funnest?!? You just can't rely on the program's spell checker to tell you the truth all the time. In my last post, it was telling me that hygienist was okay as "hygenist."
I'm sorry your life is so hectic right now. I'd help you if you weren't so gosh-darn far away.
Post a Comment