Thursday, July 31, 2008

We're here!


So, it's been a long three weeks! I haven't had the internet...and with a blogging addiction, that was a pretty hard thing to do! But, we've moved...we're here...we're happy. Santa Maria is a pretty nice place. It's a heck of a lot cooler than Palmdale, that's for sure! It's around 70 all year round...perfect! We're still unpacking all of the boxes. I don't think it will ever end! Eventually, I'm sure, but I can't see that end in sight! Being pregnant and moving with two toddlers isn't my idea of fun! The actually moving day didn't turn out the way I had expected. Adam had been gone for the two weeks previous to the move, so it was really up to me to pack and clean and get everything ready. It was awful. I thought I had a pretty good handle on everything, and it would be a smooth move, we'd load up the truck, clean the last minute stuff, and then be driving out of Palmdale by 1. Okay...we didn't leave until 7:30. It sucked. We pulled into Santa Maria around 11 PM. We had our carpets cleaned on Friday, and one of the movers who helped us on Saturday had grease on their shoes...not good. We had to reclean the carpets by hand, and then as they were moving the fridge out, it took a good chunk of the linoleum with it. That was a chore for Adam to replace a few squares. And then just the random stuff. Is it just me, or does any one else end up with a bunch of random stuff at the end of the move. Stuff that just migrates to the counter because it doesn't have a real home. Like the kids shot records...they were the last left over stuff...but now they are gone. I can not find them anywhere!

Anyway, so Adam moved some stuff in on Saturday night, with the help of a nice neighbor. I mean, he helped a complete stranger move stuff in at 11:30 at night...we have good neighbors. We had planned to use people from the ward to help move the big stuff. But since we didn't get there until late, that wasn't going to happen on Saturday, and the next day was Sunday. And Adam had to be gone for the airport by 4, to be gone to Phoenix for a week again. It was awful. Luckily, some guys came over after the church block to help him move the big stuff. And then it was all either in our garage or the house. I had been going back and forth from the garage and house bringing stuff in, and then I saw it. A mouse. It ran right in front of me. Okay, I haven't ever seen a mouse in a house before. We had one in my house once when I was younger, but I never saw it. Just heard it running around under the sink because we trapped in there to die. And I saw one at Disneyland. Not Mickey...I wished that was the mouse I saw. But there was a little mouse in the shrubbery by the river place when we ate our dinner. Kinda gross. So I was disgusted and totally freaked out about this mouse. I screamed, ran into the house, and locked the door. And haven't been back in there since! We have killed 4 mice with traps so far. Not a good thing. Noah's bedding is out there, and I won't go get it. It's on the work bench, so I think it's safe, but I'm just scared to do it. Adam is a little irritated, but I do not want to see a mouse...dead or alive!

I had posted earlier about how I hate ants. And I thought moving from Palmdale would relieve me from that. Not so much luck. We have ants. Not red ants, like the ones that attacked Macie. But just black ones. But they are fast little buggers. I don't know where they come in. And we don't have as many as before...but they are gross. I hate ants. I can't escape them. They are everywhere. I've sprayed all over, hopefully we don't get anymore!

And other than our fridge not working right, and our dishwasher being broken and having to do dishes by hand, and the mouse...and the ants, we love it here! We love our house. So much smarter than our last house. We lost a bedroom, but does a young family of 4, almost 5 need 5 bedrooms anyway? So it's alright! We still have plenty of space. And we have a gardener. No more weeding and yardwork. I'll have to take picture and post them later. I still have a lot of catching up to do, and lots of pictures to post, I'll get there. This will suffice for now.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Glad to see you back. Hope things settle down again soon.

brittanyandtravis said...

Glad you guys a made it! And I totally understand about the mouse thing, I'm the same way!