Monday, January 10, 2011

mustache bash

Last year, I found an adorable Play Wonder shaving kit on a smokin' deal at Target. It was wooden, and had mustaches on sticks, it was so adorable. I decided that I would get it for Jacob's 2nd birthday, and with that, he would have a mustache bash! I started looking for ideas a whole year ago. And had such high hopes for this party, but as I usually do, I procrastinated. A lot. I did have other parties to worry about, and other things to do, it wasn't like I was just being a slacker doing nothing, though! And then, to top it all off, I was so sick on his birthday. But, we did have the party, and it was a lot of fun! Originally, we invited a few friends, and were going to invite a few more, but I felt better making a cake for my own family while sick, then for others...so we cancelled. So here's the rundown.

The Invite:
The Food:




We had Jacob's favorite meal: corn dogs and sweet potato fries, dipped in ranch, of course. And caramel corn, just because it's good! The things on the bottom, those are supposed to be chocolate Rice Krispie treats cut out like mustaches. {hey, I was sick...}

The Decor:

I reused his birthday banner from last year {gasp}! I                                                                                                                  guess these are his "life" colors!

we had mustaches on sticks, and the adhesive ones, too!





The Fun:











There is a reason why he doesn't have facial hair! ;-)





The Cake:





And the Birthday Boy:







Happy Birthday, big boy! We love you...what should your theme be next year??

1 comments:

Kristyn said...

It turned out great!

And your new top photo is awesome!!!