Monday, January 31, 2011

I can explain...

As you may have noticed, there has been quite a lull in blog posts. I promise, we are still alive. Everyday, I think, "I should blog about that." And, then I don't. Before too long, though, I get so far behind, that it's so overwhelming to catch up!

But, days at the Christensen house have been a little crazy. I can tell you that my toilets are very, very clean. The rest of the house is somewhat lacking in the clean department, however. There is laundry piled up way too high, and there are random messes all around the house. My kids have eaten too much fast food. The In-N-Out drive thru guy recognizes me, and knows what I ordered without even looking. The cereal boxes have ended up in the fridge on more than one occasion. I get teary thinking about...well, pretty much everything. I have been eating constantly, but haven't gained any weight. In fact, I've lost a little. And, I mailed a package to my grandparents, and didn't even put their address or my return address on it. I just put the postage on and put in the mailbox. They won't be getting that packge. But, if they would have they would have found this:

{it was framed and everything!}

Luckily, I don't sleep much, because as I was laying their with a very active mind, I realized that I could not remember even writing their address on the envelope. The other two were delivered in a timely manner, but Myrt and Grandpa's? Yeah, it never got there. I remailed it, which is why the delay of this post!

Yes, we are expecting NUMBER FOUR! I'm only 10 weeks along, and the baby is only the size of a kumquat, but I have a giant belly. Seriously. You don't believe me? I really do look like I'm about 5 months pregnant. Look:

{you don't get to see the rest of the picture, and trust me, you don't want to. I've been sick, and I look it!}

I told you my belly was huge already. In fact, I was already showing, and obviously pregnant when we went to Idaho just after Christmas. I was only 4 weeks along at that point, so it was far too soon to make the announcement, so I just wore two pair of spanks, and couldn't breathe the entire week! I just know from past experience, that my belly will just keep getting bigger. Much, much bigger.

The kids didn't know for a long time, I wanted to wait until I had actually went to the doctor and had an ultrasound picture to show them. But, just a few days before my appointment, Macie came up to me and touched my belly and said, "Did you just eat a lot of food, because you're fat." {Thanks, Mace! ;-)} So when I told her the big news, she smiled and said, "I already noticed." In fact, Macie has been telling everyone that I'm having a baby. She told many people in Idaho. I just learned that she told my grandpa, but he didn't say anything until he saw the "annoucment", and he said that he already knew because Macie had told him! Funny thing is, she didn't know then!

Macie is convinced that it is a girl, and already has named her. I like her name, but Adam does not. I guess it will all depent on when this baby is born and what gender it is! We are very excited for this new little baby. Jacob {who is STILL nursing, by the way, but only 2 times a day now...} feels my belly all of the time, and says, "Baby, COME OUT!" We still have a very long time until the due date, it's going to be a LONG wait! 


7 comments:

erica said...

OMG LINDSAY!!! congrats!!
you are brave brave :)
ha, no im kidding. this is such exciting news. hope you start feeling better soon.

love the way you announced.
so darling!

Cole Family said...

Such a cute announcement! I kinda thought maybe you were, reading between the lines in your previous posts about being sick and such. Congrats!

Powers Fam said...

Congratulations!!!! I would have never guessed and I saw you just a few days ago! I didn't even think you were fat but I am pretty sure I saw you pull into the In-N-Out after dance class. :) Very exciting!!!!

Phoebe said...

oh my goodness!! Grandpa and Myrt should be arriving shortly at out house! can't wait to talk about the big news!! so exciting :)so sorry you are feeling so miserable though ugh! yay for #4!! DARLING announcement!

Unknown said...

congrats to the entire christensen crew! hope you get feeling better soon. love you!

Alison said...

Rylee wants it to be a girl too, so Macie can have a baby sister just like her!

Your kids are coming a little further apart each time- if you keep nursing until the next one comes, this next baby may be nursing until he/she's 3!

lillipad said...

Congrats!!!!