Thursday, January 6, 2011

irresistable

Jacob is still nursing. Yes, he is 24 months old. He holds the record for the longest nurser in our house. I honestly can't believe he is stll nursing. But, he loves his momma's milk. He can't get enough. He doesn't eat much else, really. I've been trying to wean him for weeks, but nothing seems to help. He doesn't really NEED it. I'm sure he would eat other things. Like on our long car drive last week. He nursed once at like 4 AM, and then didn't again until like 8 PM. He would be fine, but for some reason he's so addicted! When we are home and it's more readily available, he wants to nurse ALL OF THE TIME! It's getting ridiculous, however. He's too big and wiggly these days! He even sings and nurses at the same time, while playing with toys.

You may be wondering why in the heck I'm STILL nursing him, huh? Well, when he looks at me with a HUGE cheesey grin, and says, "Love." And then gives me a great big tight hug and a wet kiss right on the lips, and then flashes another one of his grins, and says, "I nurse?"...it's pretty irresistable, you'd be nursing him, too!

3 comments:

Lefty said...

I would give that boy whatever he wants, too! He IS so adorable.

carol said...

I second Kim's thought! Jacob is so sweet, such a flirtatious charmer, tries to help if he knows what people need, loves to visit with strangers and those not to strange (you know what I mean!). Could anyone resist him? NO! It's such funny and cute to hear his enthusiastic, "NANA, NANA" when I call your cell when you're all in the car, everyone hears the conversation! Give him a big kiss and hug from Nana.

The Burke's said...

You must stop. If you need Kristyn and I to come over and stage an intervention for the both of you, I will help. When he can tell you what he wants and is old and big enough to be in a booster seat, the time has come. The boy needs to eat food and regular milk. You can do it Lindsay! I know you can.