I'm beginning to wonder if Jacob really is my son. He always had a different look about him. And he has curly hair. Where did that come from? But then I remembered that I think I was the only white patient in the hospital! ;-) He really is mine, and he's very cute, I'm very glad to be his mother.
Except when he eats snails. Yuck. He ate at least two that I know of. And I have scooped snail guts and shell out of his mouth twice. And then today he was playing with a spider like it was his best friend. He laughed and laughed as the spider crawled around his fingers. And then he played with the ants by the front door. He was down on the ground on his belly just poking them and smiling.
I HATE BUGS. Any type. I hate spiders. I hate snails. I pretty much hate nature. I like to look at it, but I don't care if I'm not in it! But, I have a son who loves creepy crawly things. Where did he come from? I thought this would be a good thing. And maybe I'd have someone to kill the spiders for me, but I'm afraid he will want to keep them as pets. That, I'm not okay with.
1 month ago









5 comments:
well, Linds, my Emma and your Jacob are indeed cousins! Saturday while doing yard work, Emma decided it would be a good idea to pick up the slug that was by her foot and play with it! yuck! then she threw it back down and came and showed me her hands. "Um, Mommy? I think I'd better go inside and wash my hands. They're all sticky from that snug over there!" It took me a minute to realize she had picked up a slug. Gross! At least she didn't run it over in her bare feet with her hot wheels like Matt did!
That's disgusting!
If he were just playing with the bugs, I'd say let him be. But EATING the bugs?! Blech.
Ah...he's going to be an entomologist. Cute.
I spent quiet hours of my childhood (when Heidi and the boys were at school) looking under rocks for spiders and potato bugs, and poking holes in sand hills for ants. Good times.
Well I was going to say he'll someday be a famous biologist, but I see Kimberlee showed me up with the "entomologist" word. The snails--maybe he's just hungry? I love that he watches ants and giggles at their antics! Except that he's fearless about "things that creep upon the earth" (God made 'em, you know), he looks exactly like YOU!
Post a Comment