and his horrible mother forgot to blog about the party. And the mother of the year award goes to ME! Goodness.
So on NOVEMBER 20th, Noah wanted a Speed Racer party and has for a while. We plan parties early around here. Like at least a year in advance. I have so many good ideas, and think about them a lot, and then the party comes way to fast, and I don't get the things done that I want, but that's alright. It's just a party. This party wasn't any different. I had to simplify many things. In fact, I didn't even make the cupcakes. We were leaving for Seattle the next day, and didn't want to leave Erin with TOO big of a mess, and so it was what it was.
He invited quite a few kids, and at the last minute I panicked. I didn't know how it was going to go with a lot of screaming 5 year olds. But, only 5 were there. It worked out perfectly. We decorated wooden cars with markers when the kids were arriving.
And then it was race time. Adam put a little track together and they raced those cars. It was fun. Some fell apart, some were stolen by others, but it was fun!
And then dinner. What kid doesn't like pizza?
Followed by cupcakes. The girlfriend of a coworker made them. One less thing for me to worry about!
It was a fun 5th birthday party. Do notice the number of Speed Racer. Yeah, it's a five...how coordinated are we?
Speed Racer was supposed to make a cameo appearance. We had a full costume for him and everything. It was going to be the best thing of the party. But, he did not show up. Sad, huh? {I can tell you he's not getting an A in Seminary this year...;-)}
And up next year?? Well, either Vikings (not the football team, actual Vikings) or Astro Boy. We'll see.
1 week ago









3 comments:
My girls are getting excited for their birthdays in May and June. We don't plan as far in advance as you do. Maybe it's because I'm sure my girls will change their minds. As of right now, Ana wants a princess cake (no surprise), and Bekah wants a Spider Man cake. What the ... ?!
Burly-looking Vikings in your house--I can see it now! You go all out, Lindsay! And I'm so impressed with Adam's building a pinewood derby run--a clever, fun idea. It's neat when Mom and Dad both share in making these parties memorable. Lucky Noah, he looks very happy!
You are the best party planner I know! We need to hire you!
Post a Comment