Saturday, December 19, 2009

one.




A year ago today, I was sitting in the hospital holding my perfect baby boy. He really was perfect, a little late, but perfect. He hadn't met his brother and sister yet, I was a little bit nervous, but they loved him. A little too much, even! And, a year later, nothing has changed, he's still perfect, and Noah and Macie love him, a little too much!

A whole year has gone by and it blows my mind! My baby is one? Holy crap. It seems that his first year went by so much faster than the other two. Maybe it's because it's a little more crazy with three, I don't know. But it has been a fun year.

In this year, Jacob has grown 11 inches, gained 21 pounds, grown 7 teeth, travelled through 7 states, learned to crawl, crawls up stairs {and now down!}, grown about an inch of hair, gained adoration from about every family member, captured the hearts of many after flashing that grin, developed a love of cell phones, has gone to the beach on several occasions, and has learned many new things. He's done a lot this year.

Jacob, we love you. You are the best one year old! Here's to many more days of just playing, giggling, and loving you! We are two lucky parents to have you. Happy Birthday, baby boy!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

I know what you mean about this year going fast. My baby will be one in a week- so crazy!

Kara said...

He sure has captured my heart with that jolly smile! Happy birthday Jacob!

erica said...

happy birthday jacob!!

carol said...

He's so adorable! Happy Birthday, Jacob! It was fun to hear his giggles and laughter today--he has such a his figuring out how to manuever around my kitchen doors that could pinch his fingers--that didn't happen once to my relief!

carol said...

oops on my typo! I meant to write "He has such a sunny disposition--and he's so smart too, figuring out how to.....

Heidi said...

Linds,
I fell in love with Jacob when he was in my arms Thanksgiving day. Well, we all love Jacob, but I'm his auntie, my kids have to get in line! ;)
Happy Birthday baby Jacob! (a little late, sorry)